+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, CMIS Adding external qualifications in exams system in Technical; Hi Does anyone add college vocational results/BTEC's/ASDAN etc to CMIS so that the summer exam reports show all qualifications that ...

Thank Post

CMIS Adding external qualifications in exams system

Hi

Does anyone add college vocational results/BTEC's/ASDAN etc to CMIS so that the summer exam reports show all qualifications that the students have achieved?

I have been told mixed messages and as I relatively new to CMIS thought it would help if I could talk to a school that successfully uses external results.

Thanks in advance!

K

Thank Post
    Hi,

We have added vocational results to CMIS there is some documentation available talking you through it. I would give the helpline a ring and ask for the documentation, not all of the results will convert so you may have to enter them manually but then at least they will come through on the reports correctly. Very few don't convert now, I'm going to be doing some test runs at Easter to check its all ok for the Summer.

tli

Thank Post
    It's quite straightforward to add external results as assessments so that any analysis reports that pull data from the assessment area will include them. Once the assessments are set up, the results are just entered in the usaul way using Entry templates.

If you enter additional external results in this way, they will not appear in the 'exam' area and reports that pull data from here (ie those with a 'candidate' object type) will not show them but, generally, apart from the candidate results for a season report, you can't get much of use from here anyway.

Serco produced guidance for doing all this in 2010 together with a set of reports that do most of what you would need in terms of communicating results and doing analysis. Link2ICT enhanced this guidance for Birmingham schools.

Do be aware that the whole exam analysis field has a number of pitfalls because of the complexity of things these days with, for instance, early entries, multiple entries, discounting rules and so on.

I work with a number of schools and can let you have some more detailed notes if that helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread