+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS FMS General SQL Error LRM07 in Technical; Hi all, The school manager is looking at creating the entry for new fianancial year in FMS, how ever when ...

Thank Post

SIMS FMS General SQL Error LRM07

Hi all,

The school manager is looking at creating the entry for new fianancial year in FMS, how ever when it comes to clicking 'save' at the end of the process I get a lovely error message reading...

'General SQL error [Microsoft SQL Native Client] SQL Server LRM07'

Again I'll have to admit I'm a little wet behind the ears when it comes to SIMS, the server and workstation have been rebooted, all the other features in SIMS/FMS work perfectly happily for everyone in the school, it's just when trying to create a record for the new financial year.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start with this?

Thanks in advance for the always sterling help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    LRM33 was a printer issue, so worth a try.

Thank Post
    It could be a printer error like @vikpaw suggested, but I think it's an error relating to lack of write permissions to the PDOXUSRS.NET file, or the folder it's stored in. In the BDE settings, we set the Paradox NET DIR location to C:\IDAPI and ensure every user has full write permissions to that folder.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    It could be a printer error like @vikpaw suggested, but I think it's an error relating to lack of write permissions to the PDOXUSRS.NET file, or the folder it's stored in. In the BDE settings, we set the Paradox NET DIR location to C:\IDAPI and ensure every user has full write permissions to that folder.
    I think my lack of SIMS knowledge is my down fall here, what are the 'BDE settings, and paradox net etc, I understand about write permissions but not a lot else, unfortunately I've walked into a situation were everything has been setup long before I arrived and now there is literally no one in the school with any knowledge of the system and its configuration.

When I search for the pdoxusers.net file it's sat on C:\ on the server in no folder

Cheers

Thank Post
    I'll log on to the system as domain admin and see if that changes the outcome as it should rule out write permissions...

Thank Post
    Then it's most likely permissions if you're using a win7 client.
    There are threads here with details on moving the file as granting permissions.

Thank Post
    Try run as admin on FMS to rule it out.

Thank Post
    But then your Sims drive connection may not work!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lquinnuk View Post
    I think my lack of SIMS knowledge is my down fall here, what are the 'BDE settings, and paradox net etc, I understand about write permissions but not a lot else, unfortunately I've walked into a situation were everything has been setup long before I arrived and now there is literally no one in the school with any knowledge of the system and its configuration.

When I search for the pdoxusers.net file it's sat on C:\ on the server in no folder

Cheers
    It's not specifically on the server (although it will be on the server as FMS is installed on it). It's a file on every machine that has the FMS client installed. I "believe" it controls table access to the FMS database to ensure users don't try and amend the same data at the same time.

Open the control panel on the workstation, and you'll find a BDE Administrator option. Open it, select the configuration tab then expand Drivers | Native | Paradox and the first setting in the list is the NET DIR (where the PDOXUSRS.NET file is created). Try setting it to a folder off the root of C: (like C:\IDAPI) and click the blue arrow to save the changes. Create an IDAPI folder on the C: drive and ensure that users have full write access to this folder, then get the user to try again.
    Last edited by Rawns; 12th March 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Thank Post
    It's not specifically on the server (although it will be on the server as FMS is installed on it). It's a file on every machine that has the FMS client installed. I "believe" it controls table access to the FMS database to ensure users don't try and amend the same data at the same time.

Open the control panel on the workstation, and you'll find a BDE Administrator option. Open it, select the configuration tab then expand Drivers | Native | Paradox and the first setting in the list is the NET DIR (where the PDOXUSRS.NET file is created). Try setting it to a folder off the root of C: (like C:\IDAPI) and click the blue arrow to save the changes. Create an IDAPI folder on the C: drive and ensure that users have full write access to this folder, then get the user to try again.
    OK I'll give that a try, I've just tried logging onto the work station as domain admin and got the same error as before.

I've spoken to the user and she's managed to create a new financial year, year in year out since 2001 so I'm puzzled as to why this year decided to have a problem.

She's out on duty at the moment so I'll have to wait for her to get back before I can try it (coded door lock) I'll try it and let everyone know asap

Thank Post
    I've also tried running FMS directly from the server it's installed on loggin on as the user and performing the same actions, and I got the same error.

I'm not sure if this changes anything in terms of diagnosing the problem

cheers.

Thank Post

Have carried out the instructions as you suggested but to no avail, exactly the same issue.

I've got a called logged with our external support company who set up SIMS originally and am waiting to hear back from them.

In the mean time any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Reinstall SQL native client.
    Reinstall FMS.
    ideally on a new machine rather than mess with the existing working one.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Reinstall SQL native client.
    Reinstall FMS.
    ideally on a new machine rather than mess with the existing working one.
    I was hoping to avoid such extreme actions, new machines are like gold dust in our school, as are old ones, I'll definitely wait for a reply from the support company before I go down that route.

On the subject, how is FMS installed? I've installed SIMS by running the siminst.exe (that might be spelt slightly wrong) on the server, but as of yet I haven't needed to install FMS, is it more or less the same method?

Thank Post
    Is it possible that windows updates could have caused any problems.

The SIMS server is still running 2003, could the work station (win 7) have installed any 2008/2012 SQL updates that are causing a conflict or is that unlikely?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast