+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS FMS General SQL Error LRM07 in Technical; Originally Posted by lquinnuk Is it possible that windows updates could have caused any problems. The SIMS server is still ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lquinnuk View Post
    Is it possible that windows updates could have caused any problems.

The SIMS server is still running 2003, could the work station (win 7) have installed any 2008/2012 SQL updates that are causing a conflict or is that unlikely?
    Workstations won't receive any SQL updates as they don't have SQL installed.

Have you tried the classic (and sometimes successful) step of doing a complete reinstall of FMS? It's installed in the same way as SIMS, but in your Setups\FMS folder is an FMSInst.exe file. Basically, rename the current FMS installation folder on the affected workstation to something like C:\Program Files\SIMS\FMSSQL.OLD and then run the FMSInst.exe from the S:\SIMS\Setups\FMS folder. It will install any pre-requisits that are missing and then install the FMS client.

Does this happen on any other FMS workstations?
    Last edited by Rawns; 12th March 2013 at 02:28 PM.

Thank Post
    I was hoping to avoid such extreme actions, new machines are like gold dust in our school, as are old ones, I'll definitely wait for a reply from the support company before I go down that route.
    Reinstalling FMS is really not an "extreme" action. You'd be surprised how often good, old fashioned reinstall of SIMS .net or FMS fixes odd issues!
    Last edited by Rawns; 12th March 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post

Does this happen on any other FMS workstations?
    There are only 2 FMS workstations in the school and the problem occurs on both of them, which leads to me think that a re-install of FMS on the clients will do very little, unless they have both developed the same issue at th esame time, which I'd think would be a strange co-incidence.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Reinstalling FMS is really not an "extreme" action. You'd be surprised how often good, old fashioned reinstall of SIMS .net or FMS fixes odd issues!

You won't find a bigger advocate of the complete reinstall than me, I just have a feeling it's not were the problem lies, plus it would mean too much down time for the manager whilst I'm carrying out the action.
    It is something I'll try if needed but that fact the error is the same on all the workstations running FMS makes me think a reinstall will do very little.

Thank Post
    Got this same error yesterday. Have you checked the users FMS permissions? Has the user supervisor access?

6. Thanks to techie08 from:

lquinnuk (12th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    i was thinking more along the lines of install it your machine for testing then remove it, not a new one, and not on theirs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techie08 View Post
    Got this same error yesterday. Have you checked the users FMS permissions? Has the user supervisor access?
    I assume to check the users FMS permissions I would need to log in as an FMS admin, unfortunately the admin accounts are known only by a now retired ex employee who only comes in on Mondays, I have absolutely no access to FMS, only to SIMS, and even then I don't have full access rights to everything.....I'm aware how stupid that is.

How did you ressolve the issue?

Thank Post
    I assume to check the users FMS permissions I would need to log in as an FMS admin, unfortunately the admin accounts are known only by a now retired ex employee who only comes in on Mondays, I have absolutely no access to FMS, only to SIMS, and even then I don't have full access rights to everything.....I'm aware how stupid that is.

How did you ressolve the issue?
    I Logged on as the sysman user and gave the user supervisor access in FMS. The user could then create the new Financial year.
    Last edited by techie08; 12th March 2013 at 02:47 PM.

10. Thanks to techie08 from:

lquinnuk (12th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techie08 View Post
    I Logged on as the sysman user and gave the user supervisor access in FMS. The user could then create the new Financial year.
    Thats a Bingo, luckily the support company had a record of the admin unser name and password which meant I was able to give the user supervisor access, and hey presto.

At least now I can stress the importance of me having top level logins for SIMS with school management, so I can ressolve issues like this as and when they arrise in future.

Thanks for everyones help today, and hopefully people who have this problem in future have a nice clear answer to that specific error message.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    Make sure the support company feeds back to Capita, so the solution ends up on SupportNet the official Capita support site.
    In terms of your access you can tell them that top level sysman access doesn't necessarily give you rights in to all areas of sims, only to grant those rights to others. So it should be safe and auditable. It's a little different for FMS, but in theory the same principle should apply.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12