+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Student frops subject still appears on reprts in Technical; Hi I'm sorting the sixth form reports for my school and have ran into a problem. There are some year ...

Thank Post

Student frops subject still appears on reprts

Hi

I'm sorting the sixth form reports for my school and have ran into a problem. There are some year 13 students who failed their AS subjects and are now starting again with new choices. But when I run the report their old subjects appear too.

Is there some way of resolving this? I don't know how wide spread the problem is. I know I could ammend the reports individually but I was hoping there was another way.

Thanks,

Asob

Thank Post
    When you say reports do you mean there yearly reports? Are they done through assessment manager?

Thank Post
    If they are individual reports from assessment manager you'll probably have to clear their targets from last year - especially if your individual reports (and your targets) never change.

The individual reports will leave a row out if there is no data, but if you have some data from last year tied to a result set that is being used in your current Y12 reports, you'll get lines for the students re-sitting, or sitting other courses.

As a data person I hate deleting data, so I'll be looking at changing the system in my school whereby we reuse reports from year to year, as I'd like to know that Joe Smith took Maths last year, was targetted a B, and wasn't estimated anything above a D for the whole year.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    What data is coming through? Isn't it tied to the Y12 year somehow? The only time we have this problem is say if someone goes back a year, and their report is running with the same resultset it had the previous year. If they progress a year, none of the aspects that come through on the marksheets/reports are tied to the previous one, or generic, apart from deliberate ones placed to show last year's grades.

Thank Post
    As Vik says it is often because they are attached to a specific year related result set but are retaking the year. I make sure that a copy of the individual report has been saved as a linked document and then delete the old grades. It is a bit fiddly though.

Thank Post
    yeah, I have 12 year 13s that are taking a combination of AS and A2 courses - for them I generate a Y12 and a Y13 report, and then use Word to put them together.

I'm changing to AS/A2 instead of Y12/Y13 next year to save myself and my reporting helper the headaches.

Thank Post
    But then won't your template need all subjects with A/S and all again with A2?
    Although the alternative is to have it say Y13 against them all and include both A/S and A2 subject aspects.
    I'd be tempted to make a new resultset called old / resat / 1st try and transfer the results to it for those students thus clearing the usual Y12/Y13 reaultsets for that year

Thank Post
    Actually your way sounds better if they are likely to be doing a mixture or courses. Just a bigger setup on the template.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread