+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Disabling exam results in Technical; I've been asked by our exams guy to disable teachers seeing exam results for a single day(tomorrow) on Sims. Is ...
    zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Disabling exam results

I've been asked by our exams guy to disable teachers seeing exam results for a single day(tomorrow) on Sims.

Is there an easy way to do this?

All our teachers have varying rights to see things so I'm not sure how to tackle this one. I'd rather not have to go through each one individually to check their rights.
    Last edited by zag; 5th March 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Thank Post
    Not a SIMS expert (although our involvement does bring with it a certain amount of "use") but I would suspect you'd go to examination oganiser and set up an exam results embargo from within the tools menu.
    Set the start date/time and end date/time then any exceptions can be added.

Not sure of the actual scope that this applies the viewing restriction, but if its an embargo then it should protect the results from being viewed by anyone NOT in the exceptions list.

3. Thanks to JohnCondon from:

zag (5th March 2013)

Thank Post
    John is absolutely correct, just done it here. But make sure you do add the exceptions as he suggests, ie you and the exams officer.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The bog standard way was always to create user defined security roles, and exclude exam results on the day.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think from memory, the embargo needs to be setup and enforced the day before you want it to come into effect, otherwise it doesn't work. (So if you wanted it on Wednesday, it would need to be setup and ready by 23.59 Tuesday)

Not 100% sure now, but possibly something to watch.

Thank Post
    Look on Capita's site for details

KB87294 - How to implement an embargo on exam results day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Created 01/04/2009
    Last Updated 22/07/2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected Products Examinations Organiser

Notes SIMS .net | Focus | Examinations | Tools | School Setup | Results Embargo

How do I set up a results embargo in Exams Organiser?
    Will the results embargo occur automatically or will I have to set it up manually?
    Why do some staff not appear to be selected as an exception?

Embargo

Additional Notes Please ensure the staff record is Personnel 7 is the same record in System Manager and that there are no duplicate staff records.

Advice The results embargo will no longer be hard-coded into the software. It will be necessary to set up a results day embargo manually when it is necessary to restrict access to exams results.

The functionality to add an embargo is included in the March 09 release of Sims .net and can be set up through Sims .net | Focus | Examinations | Tools | School Setup | Results Embargo.

More information regarding setting up an embargo and what access users added as an exception will have, can be found on page 25 of the exams organiser manual.

In order for a user to appear in the exceptions list they will need to a) be a DB user and b) have a null or future employment end date.

8. Thanks to Greg from:

sven (7th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. It's exactly what our examinations officer was asking me yesterday, to which I just shrugged

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread