+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
MIS Systems Thread, Spring 2013 Release in Technical; @ PhilNeal I've dropped you an email, thanks for your help....
    Thank Post
    @PhilNeal I've dropped you an email, thanks for your help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    A post by @CAM regarding the "feature" that removes lessons from the timeline when they are covered, reminded me of this old classic that does the rounds every so often. Just had to be regurgitated again
    sims planning meeting.gif

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Rawns (20th May 2013)

Thank Post
    One of our teachers is having the 'disappearing classes' problem, but while the lessons in question were covered a week or so ago, they're not now (i.e. no cover set up for this week), and yet she still can't see them. Anyone seen this before?

Thank Post
    So I don't agree that we have got that wrong! We had consultations with users on this area.

The timeline is a diary equivalent and if you are not teaching a lesson it will be removed from your diary. If you are doing something else like a meeting, cover, detention or exam invigilation that will appear instead.

Logical I think!

Thank Post
    On a different error don't suppose anyones managed to fix this one yet?

Getting bounced from helpdesk to bedford and back constantly, and some users still not got a diary/timeline after a month

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve21; 20th May 2013 at 09:38 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    So I don't agree that we have got that wrong! We had consultations with users on this area.

The timeline is a diary equivalent and if you are not teaching a lesson it will be removed from your diary. If you are doing something else like a meeting, cover, detention or exam invigilation that will appear instead.

Logical I think!
    Can anyone confirm whether the lessons drop off the teacher's timetable when NCR is used? Example - a teacher is taken off timetable to do a whole day Mock Art exam, but still want to register the Year 12 class who are doing the Mock during their usual periods. They also want access to those registers to add behavior/achievement stuff during the day. This is a real life example.

Another example - a teacher is set to imminently go on paternity leave so to make things easier for the cover supervisors the cover manager sets up cover in the event of him getting the phone call and having to dash off so the cover supervisors know what they are doing in the event of him having to go. In this case the teacher in question loses their timeline. Another real world example, that one.

So basically, the logic may seem, on the surface, to work but there are reasons that this causes problems. I think what people are pointing out is that this new feature seems to have fixed an imaginary problem. I'm sure very few teachers cared if their lessons still appeared on their timeline even though they were being covered and even if they did it wouldn't cause any practical problems. However, the new feature has.

I have been telling staff that they can still access their registers through the Take Register route, but this rarely goes down well.
    Last edited by Ecclesbury; 20th May 2013 at 08:25 AM.

Thank Post
    Agree that it's a pain, and it used to work different, but that is the real reason it's not liked.
    Imagine if you actually need to suspend classes due to exams / study leave and then show other classes / cover, we'd all be complaining that it's not accurate, and it's showing two things at once, and the old classes need removing...
    I think with this release there is another underlying issue that is causing classes to seemingly disappear, even when they shouldn't, aside from the new functionality of removing cover lessons.

Thank Post
    @Steve21 - does it happen to everyone? Can you check the date is in UK format, and even if it is, change to US and back again. Longshot i know, just wondering.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    @Steve21 - does it happen to everyone? Can you check the date is in UK format, and even if it is, change to US and back again. Longshot i know, just wondering.
    Only a few users, mainly those who deal with cover lessons. But seems it's random to when it happens, every few days it'll work once, then break again

Steve

Thank Post
    have you applied the latest patch 18205 ? the older version had an odd issue associated with it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    have you applied the latest patch 18205 ? the older version had an odd issue associated with it.
    Yep, No difference

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345