+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Spring 2013 Release in Technical; Only had this release on last week quite impressed with this release. Some nice new features Pupil Premium, also like ...
    Thank Post
    Only had this release on last week quite impressed with this release.

Some nice new features Pupil Premium, also like the Home Page and the Information it allows you to link in and configure more easily.Knew these were coming but always reserve judgement until I see how these work, but these seem to work really well and are excellent.

The Information you can easily access for specific students say on Behaviour, Attendance from the Home Page if these are added in and the overview of Student Information as well that is easily accessible from here think this is presented much better and in an easy format for staff to follow, also from here easily linking to specific information, prints in a reasonable format as an overview etc again excellent.

Assessment Key Indicators for students is good this may have been their before but I hadn't noticed this as to be honest the refreshing look has made me have another look at this.

Well done Capita all in all looks good.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No problems with the install so far...

Anyone know how you show the registers timeline on the front page?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    The timeline on the homepage? It should be there by default. Or based on the user settings.
    You can push it to them using homepage groups config, and configure the timeline panel using the timeline config. Both available under the Routines Menu to a sufficiently permissioned user.

Thank Post
    Had a number of issues since the release - SIMS support gradually resolving them. Timeline half resolved now. thanks for response @vikpaw

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To get the timeline back do this

Sims frontpage >> configure >> show timetable check box

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm.... I've got an issue where not all the lessons are appearing on the teachers timelines. You can do a search on the Take Register button and get to see all the lessons for the day but I'm look right now at a teacher that has lessons for all five periods today and only two are visible on the timeline!

Call is in with Capita.

Pete

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FragglePete View Post
    Hmmm.... I've got an issue where not all the lessons are appearing on the teachers timelines. You can do a search on the Take Register button and get to see all the lessons for the day but I'm look right now at a teacher that has lessons for all five periods today and only two are visible on the timeline!

Call is in with Capita.

Pete
    This sounds similar to issues we're having here. No lesson for today as they have moved to Saturday.
    The user can log on to another computer in another room and the timetable will be back to how it should be.
    We're going to try re-installing Sims.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Same here. Spring release came down the pipes today and Teacher A can see their KS3 classes but not sixth form whilst Teacher B can see their sixth form classes but not KS3. Take Register is affected too but next week it has gone back to normal for Teacher A on Take Register (not heard from Teacher B's checking of the register browser yet).

EDIT - Also checked the Timeline routine and everything is ticked, even NCC but Teacher A's NCCs don't appear on his timeline.
    Last edited by CAM; 19th April 2013 at 01:57 PM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I may have found a solution for missing lessons. Were they covered? SupportNet has posts about people having lessons covered but the UI design hides the covered lesson from them completely in the timeline as if it doesn't exist.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I may have found a solution for missing lessons. Were they covered? SupportNet has posts about people having lessons covered but the UI design hides the covered lesson from them completely in the timeline as if it doesn't exist.
    Sorry, I should have followed up with another post. I spoke to Capita and indeed it does not show a covered lesson for that teacher, but another teacher can search and view their timeline and see all lessons. Not sure if its always been like that but it caught us out.

Pete

Thank Post
    If I configure the homepage (adding the timeline back, for example) as an admin and then turn off enforced configuration, does it revert back to what the user had previously, the SIMS default layout or does it keep the admin-specified config, but the end-user can now modify it?

(The latter is what I'd like to happen)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    If I configure the homepage (adding the timeline back, for example) as an admin and then turn off enforced configuration, does it revert back to what the user had previously, the SIMS default layout or does it keep the admin-specified config, but the end-user can now modify it?

(The latter is what I'd like to happen)
    i believe it's the latter.
    i've had a few users where if they configured things themselves, it wouldn't even push out my settings.
    i think they'd have to tick default in order to get it.

It's not helped that the conduct panel is not uniquely named anymore whereas before it would have been an achievement and a behaviour one, now when they go in to edit and save, it complains about the naming.

13. Thanks to vikpaw from:

pete (23rd April 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FragglePete View Post
    Sorry, I should have followed up with another post. I spoke to Capita and indeed it does not show a covered lesson for that teacher, but another teacher can search and view their timeline and see all lessons. Not sure if its always been like that but it caught us out.

Pete
    According to KB30521 this is expected behaviour. I did a test yesterday and a partial cover blocks out part of the day, so it makes sense. The teacher only sees what they need to see for that day.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    According to KB30521 this is expected behaviour. I did a test yesterday and a partial cover blocks out part of the day, so it makes sense. The teacher only sees what they need to see for that day.
    Yes - it's just confusing a few teachers as nobody really noticed it here before.

I'm currently getting reports from various teachers that some of their lessons are showing a 'CLASH' but they haven't been given cover. I've really got no idea on the inner workings of SIMS so at a lost of where to start on this one.

Pete

Thank Post
    Are there classes suspended? Perhaps for exams / mocks. This used to cause a clash, maybe it's clashing with itself! Right click and select take register used to let them still take the registers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast