+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, PS Financials in Technical; Hi Guys, Does anybody know if PS Financials has any links with SIMS or not, we had a chap come ...
    Thank Post

PS Financials

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if PS Financials has any links with SIMS or not, we had a chap come to school today
    who told me it does not link to SIMS but then went on to tell the Schools BM it does, It made me look a right plonker.

So does it link with SIMS or not ???

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts
    It's not on Capita's list of partners but that is not to say it doesnt work with SIMS.
    It's used in a number of SIMS schools - speak to @Soulfish and @elsiegee40
    I would doubt that it can send data to SIMS, but it purports to be able to take data from a variety of sources and integrate with 'your' systems, so i'd imagine it's quite happy to receive any SIMS data you throw it's way, it will just most likely have to be via an intermediate service, export.

Thank Post
    Well we don't have ours linked to SIMS, and I'm not quite sure (other than possibly personal) what you'd be linking to...

To be honest PSF is a totally stand alone finance system and is treated as such by our finance team. I think it can link through to our payroll system, but again don't think we do currently.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts
    We link sims to FMS and its so Fees can go into FMS. It's never the other way around.

Get whatever you can confirmed in writing or by email . Also make sure it's a technical sales person you speak to as regular sales aren't geeky enough to know the difference !

Thank Post
    We've got ot here and i havenever been asked to set anythign up to connect to Sims, and believe me i would have been roped into it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Likewise, the link with SIMS is not an issue. PS Financials is at my governor school, so I haven't anything to do with the running of it... nor has the NM moaned about it as I listen sympathetically over a cup of tea.

I work in an independent where a link between MIS and Finance is essential for fee billing, but we don't use SIMS. There are other MIS's better suited to independents than SIMS.

Thank Post
    Does anybody have any idea how to test the SMTP link in PS Financials, we had a company called Wanstor connect today and install the database on the server and he also did the client install to but on completion said the backup was our responsibility (as expected) but also that the SMTP relay was not working as it had failed the authentication.
    We are currently using google apps for education for the email system and I can log in with the account fine but they say it will need looking at by myself but have not given me any information on how to do this ??? I have emailed them but still no reply.
    This is all I need to get sorted now to complete the installation, or does anyone have any info on setting up SMTP in google apps for education in case I have missed something.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread