+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMSScheduledTaskUser in Technical; This error is showing up in event viewer every 15 seconds: The activated proc '[sims].[db_pia_sb_RunScheduledJob]' running on queue 'sims.sims.ScheduledJobQueue' output ...

Thank Post

SIMSScheduledTaskUser

This error is showing up in event viewer every 15 seconds:

The activated proc '[sims].[db_pia_sb_RunScheduledJob]' running on queue 'sims.sims.ScheduledJobQueue' output the following: 'Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "SIMSScheduledTaskUser" does not exist, this type of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.'
    I assume it's because the SIMSScheduledTaskUser is missing from System Manager. Not too familiar with this user, so does anyone know what permissions this user should have, and is the password for the account usually a default one? Odd though as no SIMS scheduled tasks are trying to run at the moment.
    Last edited by Rawns; 25th February 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I don't think it's a default user. If it's for the kind of scheduled reports I'm thinking of.
    You can create it and supply the credentials to command reporter / the scheduled script.
    I'd say someone has deleted it. You should be able to find the scheduled task that is running it. Odd frequency mind.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Or this:
    The 'SIMSScheduledTaskUser' is a user account required for 3rd Party Data Change Tracking (enabled via the menu route Tools | Setups | Data Change Management).

If the Data Change Management option is turned ON and you do not use a third party product for extracting data from SIMS .net, then it should be set to OFF.

If you do need this option to be turned on, then please could you log a case with your local support unit quoting this KB number.

4. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Rawns (1st March 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information