+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, TASC Insight - homework query in Technical; We're considering getting TASC Insight; I have a question for all you enthusiastic users : When setting homework assignments, does ...
    Thank Post

TASC Insight - homework query

We're considering getting TASC Insight; I have a question for all you enthusiastic users : When setting homework assignments, does it give you the same choices (and ease of choice) in who you're setting it for (class etc) as SIMS Homework Diary? SMT here like the look of SHD's feature of actually setting homework from inside SIMS, but I'd like to ditch clunky Gateway altogether. I assume TASC doesn't allow setting homework from inside SIMS (?) but presumably by looking at the same data it does allow you to easily set it for a class defined in SIMS, if you see what I mean?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Or if no users are around @jenny_urey can advise on the technical side.

Thank Post
    we have just decided to not use any Parental Engagement Portals for setting homework and have gone with a product called ShowMyHomework, staff and parents love it. Lots of the students hate it as it sends them emails after we got them all to sign up and parents can sign up and get emails.

Check it out at https://showmyhomework.co.uk/

I manage it here, and there is very little involved, and the support is excellent

Thank Post
    Seen it and it looks good. But (a) does it use AD logons or do staff have to register in some way and (b) once logged on, does it pull in class details from SIMS or do staff have to set up classes manually?

Thank Post
    Quatermass, you need to do an export of your teachers, their classes and their email addresses from your MIS and that is imported in.

We used our "form time" equivilent here to get every student to setup their account. Parents are slowly signing up.

But simply said, there is no automatic or SSO provisioning for this.

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatermass View Post
    Seen it and it looks good. But (a) does it use AD logons or do staff have to register in some way and (b) once logged on, does it pull in class details from SIMS or do staff have to set up classes manually?
    INSIGHT recognises pupil parents/guardians from SIMS and you also have an AD link if you require. If any new parents added, you just click the sync button. INSIGHT is also a pupil login and teachers can access with no extra costs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny_urey View Post
    INSIGHT recognises pupil parents/guardians from SIMS and you also have an AD link if you require. If any new parents added, you just click the sync button. INSIGHT is also a pupil login and teachers can access with no extra costs.
    Can I also mention if Ok that TASC INSIGHT is not just a homework option online it does a WHOLE lot more (only parents evening booking is modular) though don't want to overstep the mark with promoting. I think it would be fair to say check it out and may be also compare pricing to single modular software available.

Thank Post
    We're considering getting TASC Insight; I have a question for all you enthusiastic users : When setting homework assignments, does it give you the same choices (and ease of choice) in who you're setting it for (class etc) as SIMS Homework Diary? SMT here like the look of SHD's feature of actually setting homework from inside SIMS, but I'd like to ditch clunky Gateway altogether. I assume TASC doesn't allow setting homework from inside SIMS (?) but presumably by looking at the same data it does allow you to easily set it for a class defined in SIMS, if you see what I mean?
    You can set homework in SIMS or INSIGHTand both will show in INSIGHT. Setting them is very similar, but with INSIGHT you can also upload documents.

Thanks

Jenny

- - - Updated - - -

You can set homework in SIMS or INSIGHTand both will show in INSIGHT. Setting them is very similar, but with INSIGHT you can also upload documents.

Thanks

Jenny

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread