+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Permissions for FMS in Technical; COuld anyone tell me what permissions i need in place so that FMS will run? I have gone through the ...
    Thank Post

Permissions for FMS

COuld anyone tell me what permissions i need in place so that FMS will run? I have gone through the normal stuff and also the PDOXUSRS file and FMS will run but will not open the suppliers list?

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    You need permission to the root of the c drive or you can set up a folder on a shared drive and have the pdoxusrfile in there in idapi setting change so that it points to shared folder its in the fms manual

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I would also throw in C:\IDAPI , C:\program files\sims if it's not already there, and sub folders to include 'sims .net' and 'fmssql', c:\temp, c:\windows\temp and somewhere else where there is a dll which needs updating during upgrades, else the user won't be able to upgrade, but not sure where it is, i guess system32 is a good place to try.

Thank Post
    There is a KB that says it should be in the network drive, it's wrong. It was written back in the days of SQL Anywhere. I hope Capita have removed it. The reason being is cause random errors if you have a team of FMS users that heavy use FMS - not sure if it's because they try to lock the same file or if what they are writing to the file conflicts with the information in the file - I just know it was an arse to find and I was glad to resolve it.
    If you run FMSINST it will set it to c:\ProgramData\FMS - if you don't have FMSINST.exe or it's an old version, contact Capita on 01234 832020 and ask for the latest one to be send to you - failing that ask for the last FMS installable media then copy it off that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread