+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Deleting rooms from SIMS that have been used in Technical; I'm fairly sure there is no way, but though I would double check with SIMS Geekers. When trying to delete ...

Thank Post

Deleting rooms from SIMS that have been used

I'm fairly sure there is no way, but though I would double check with SIMS Geekers. When trying to delete old rooms from SIMS that no longer exist (like port-a-cabins, old demolished sections of the building etc) sometimes your informed you can't delete them because they have been used in the timetable/exams area. Because SIMS is a historic database, I presume it needs the rooms for old information. The only work-around I can think of is renaming the rooms and sticking a 'Z' at the start of the short & long description to move them to the bottom of the room's list. Is this an acceptable work around? Or is there a way to delete dead rooms?

Thank Post
    None that I know of if they've been used.

KB77271 - Is it possible to remove/delete rooms in SIMS .net?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Created 13/02/2008
    Last Updated 07/02/2012
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected Products Star 7 - School Routines
    Cover 7
    SIMS .net Academic

Notes Focus | School | Rooms

Is it possible to remove or delete rooms in SIMS .net?
    How to delete old rooms from SIMS .net
    Want to delete rooms that are not used any more
    Deleting unused rooms

Advice It is now possible to delete room in SIMS .net via the following route:-

Focus | School | Rooms

Click Search and then highlight the room for deletion. Click on Delete, above the browse list.

This is only possible with Rooms which have never been used on the timetable.

Rooms which have been used cannot be removed. If they were, then historical lesson marks, cover and timetable information would be deleted.

The only options are:
    Replace old rooms with new rooms manually on site. (Or this can be done with a site specific patch which is chargeable.) This would mean that historical information on timetables will show new room names.
    or
    Edit the codes and descriptions on all old rooms so that they start with a Z and appear at the bottom of the rooms list. Create all the new rooms with new codes and descriptions.

If rooms have been used for Exams, the layout can only be changed if the seasons in which they have been used have been closed.

3. Thanks to Greg from:

Rawns (6th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Cheers Greg.

Thank Post
    This has been a bugbear of mine for a long time - its very annoying that rooms in a building that no longer physically exists cannot be deleted.
    You can hide them in the Cover module though, by ticking the Exclude from Cover box in the room details pane. this is useful as it de-clutters the cover screen
    and I think thats the only commonly used area now where all the rooms appear by default

Thank Post
    We have had a new school built and this has driven me nuts ... the list is massive now 2 schools worth to be precise !!! They should just implement an inactive or hidden aspect so they are removed from the drops downs for things such as detention rooms. So annoying for all. I will be putting Z's in thanks for the advice.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread