+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Assessment - Marksheets for tutor groups in Technical; Help, Firstly I know nothing about Assessment manager so bear with me, I have been asked if it is possible ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy Assessment - Marksheets for tutor groups

Help,

Firstly I know nothing about Assessment manager so bear with me, I have been asked if it is possible to have marksheets set up for tutor groups. I know each member of staff get them for their classes for data collection but I have been asked if it is possible for each tutor to have a read only marksheet that has the latest CAP data for the core subjects and also stuff like EAL, SEN etc

Sorry if this is vague but have no idea!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    Yes, it's a good idea. they are used to collect grades / comments from tutors in general or for example. pshe.
    also showing grades as you want is another used.
    you make a template with the columns you require, and then to create the marksheet, there is a button / section on the design area. you have many options to choose from, you can assign by class, course, subject, year group, tutor group, user defined groups.
    if you select tutor groups, it will assign it to the form tutor as you want. you can also put in year group so the HoY can see it too.

for the data, you'll need that in the system already, and you cna then add the aspects (fields) as columns as read only. there are also built in data fields you can add to the start. around 22, that include sen status, gender, class etc.

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Kyle (29th January 2013)

Thank Post
    I agree with Vik that it is a good idea but at the same time it can become unwieldy, especially with KS4 and 5 groups as they study a wide range of subjects and the mark sheets can contain 20 or 30 columns. Presenting a tutor group view/individual view of assessment data is a major weakness of SIMS and we tend to rely on printed reports based on the mark sheets.

Thank Post
    I think we would only include Eng, Maths & Science at this stage but i do agree that we would quickly have to change to include the BAC.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 810 Posts
    Along similar lines, a feature that is often overlooked in SIMS is the Student Teacher View (Focus > Student > Student Teacher View). This shows a great little summary of any student's key data, and you can set it up to show the latest results from 3 aspects at a time, usually English Maths & Science, as well as RAG coding attendance and conduct. All configuration is done via Tools > Setups > Student Teacher View. You'll also notice you can set it as the default view; this will make the student icon on the tool bar open the Student Teacher View rather than Student Details.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Along similar lines, a feature that is often overlooked in SIMS is the Student Teacher View (Focus > Student > Student Teacher View). This shows a great little summary of any student's key data, and you can set it up to show the latest results from 3 aspects at a time, usually English Maths & Science, as well as RAG coding attendance and conduct. All configuration is done via Tools > Setups > Student Teacher View. You'll also notice you can set it as the default view; this will make the student icon on the tool bar open the Student Teacher View rather than Student Details.

We use this as well but no good for when you want to look at a class at a time really.
    Last edited by Kyle; 30th January 2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling :-(

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    I had a preview of the new homepage that's comin. In the Spring release and its awesome. One of the related changes is the new student teacher view which now has 6 available aspects and they will bring through any colour set too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread