+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Profiles - Individual Registration Certificates in Technical; I am trying to find a way of sending individual registrations via email using inTouch. Was hoping to create them ...

Thank Post

Profiles - Individual Registration Certificates

I am trying to find a way of sending individual registrations via email using inTouch. Was hoping to create them in Profiles, then use its interface with inTouch to send them out.

Profiles insists I enter a comment for every student (1500!) otherwise won't create it. Is there are a way of create these without manually creating a comment or a better way of emailing them?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts
    I don't use profiles, but if there is a way you can set it up with no Profiles comment but just data pulled in from Assessment Manager, you can pull in some dummy data from AM. It's easy in AM to block fill a column for the whole school, either grade or a comment.
    What sort of certificate do you get out of Profiles? the same as from the lesson monitor menu under reports? We quite like the one you get from display marks and which appears under the students data area when you click on attendance, with the colour pie chart. We manually print these one at a time and send them home.

Thank Post
    Either the lesson monitor or attendance style would be fine. The profiles one is similar just a bit less smart. The main requirement is to to have to print 1500 certificates every 6 weeks it would be much better if they can be emailed.

I have tried including text and a field from AM but it still insists of a comment being individually added to each report otherwise it won't generate the report!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Yet another reason to avoid Profiles.
    LM could bulk generate and you could probably print to PDF and even break the pages into files but no way to email easily.
    Is there no way to programmatically input into profiles? Perhaps using the head of year / dept. review function? Surely if you can use a comment bank that is sufficient. Bulk select by import export from Word. I'm sure it's possible to trick it into doin what you want.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread