+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Tasc Software above and beyond Insight and PAR's support in Technical; Hi Just thought I had to report this as I thought this was exceptional support I use PAR's for Attendance, ...
    Thank Post

Tasc Software above and beyond Insight and PAR's support

Hi

Just thought I had to report this as I thought this was exceptional support I use PAR's for Attendance, Behaviour etc and Insight for Parental Portal, anyhow I found an issue with a custom report I use in PAR's its a long story but I create a custom report in PAR's export it and import this into a SIM's Marksheet to get info into SIM's student reports as I said long story so don't want to go into why I do it this way.

Any how I noticed that the figures weren't quite right for lates in the custom report so I put a call on their Helpdesk, five minutes later email back saying the incident had been updated so we exchanged a few messages on the Helpdesk to try to resolve the issue and tried a few things all the same day. I leave work have my tea etc then login to work about 7.0pm just to check a few things as we all do and check my email and have one from their Helpdesk just after I left so I think might as well update the issue on their Helpdesk thinking they will pick this up tomorrow, 7.30pm get another email saying my incident has been updated which I totally wasn't expecting anyhow we update the Helpdesk incidents and they have investigated this further and explain their is an update that should fix this issue install update job done all fixed so in essence they were replying and sorting my issue out until 8pm. This was last night by the way.

I then thought perhaps I might be better getting info about updates extra functionality etc in an Email that I could opt into as you needed to login to see download updates when you want so not forced to update (some companies no names though) any how raised this on the same incident, Tasc software no problem we will take a look at this added this to my profile so login to helpdesk click a couple of check boxes received email saying their was an Insight update, oh wasn't quite what I wanted as I wanted what was included in the update so extra fuctionality or whatever, so back on the Helpdesk mentioned this 20 minutes all sorted so they have updated their website just from my request.

So if anyone is using PAR's or Insight if you logon to the Helpdesk and update your profile if you want to opt into receive emails about PAR's and Insight updates with what has changed.

It is not the fact that I can now opt into if I want to receive Emails about updates etc it is the above and beyond way they go about their support to be honest nothing less than I have come to expect except I really do think this was above and beyond.

2. 2 Thanks to Steven_Cleaver:

jenny_urey (1st February 2013), vikpaw (19th January 2013)

Thank Post
    I can endorse Steven when it comes to the support that TASC offer for both PARS and INSIGHT. We have been using PARS for over 5 years and INSIGHT for 3.

4. 2 Thanks to number34:

jenny_urey (1st February 2013), Steven_Cleaver (18th January 2013)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Insight is an awesome bit of software for a parent gateway. A true leader in its field.

6. 2 Thanks to zag:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can only concur with Steven's thoughts - support until late into the evening and it some cases several releases each day to correct problems.

I've only been using it for 12 months, but it's really transforming the school.

8. 2 Thanks to Mr.Ben:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ben View Post
    I can only concur with Steven's thoughts - support until late into the evening and it some cases several releases each day to correct problems.

I've only been using it for 12 months, but it's really transforming the school.
    Completely agree with Ben about transforming the school.

As regards support I only expected them to pick up with it the next day but to work that late into the evening well impressed.

Then to add the opt into Emails feature in profiles the next day what can I say.
    Last edited by Steven_Cleaver; 18th January 2013 at 05:40 PM.

10. Thanks to Steven_Cleaver from:

jenny_urey (1st February 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread