+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Spring Census - Private Study Periods in Technical; I am trying to pick up which students have a private study during our census period on Thursday. I can't ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Spring Census - Private Study Periods

I am trying to pick up which students have a private study during our census period on Thursday. I can't work out how to do this, is there a routine or database field I am missing somewhere? I tried a Timetable sub-report but it does nothing if I put in 22 for Period.

The timetable is 6 lessons per day over 2 weeks and I need Thurs1:P4

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    it's not something crazy like 1:22 or some similar syntax is it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I am trying to pick up which students have a private study during our census period on Thursday. I can't work out how to do this, is there a routine or database field I am missing somewhere? I tried a Timetable sub-report but it does nothing if I put in 22 for Period.

The timetable is 6 lessons per day over 2 weeks and I need Thurs1:P4
    I assume you need it for the pupil reconcilation? Must admit that I assume that all of the class numbers are correct and then make sure that the number for the students attending college etc. is also correct and then I add the number on private study that makes it correct. If you do find a report I would be interested to see how it comapares ....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by number34 View Post
    I assume you need it for the pupil reconcilation? Must admit that I assume that all of the class numbers are correct and then make sure that the number for the students attending college etc. is also correct and then I add the number on private study that makes it correct. If you do find a report I would be interested to see how it comapares ....

I do something similar, but go one step further and look at the curriculum by scheme for our Y12/13s, and then one scheme for our Y11s that happen to have private study on census day.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK, I took a long and manual route because of 6th form since they are often the only ones in private study!

1) Use pupil search to obtain the number of 12 and 13 students and add the figure to get the 6th form cohort (it says how many results returned down the bottom).
    2) Deduct the number of students from Sixth Form classes in the Classes panel (have to add these up manually).
    3) Deduct the number in other fields like "At other Schools" where this relates to sixth form.
    4) Enter the figure as Private Study and pray your figures add up to your total on-roll.

Mine do so I guess it's right.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    OK, I took a long and manual route because of 6th form since they are often the only ones in private study!

4) Enter the figure as Private Study and pray your figures add up to your total on-roll.
    I always make sure that they add up - who checks them? I have never been asked for proof and if there were any questions about them guess who would be asked?

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They have to add up otherwise you can't submit the census. If the figures don't match, investigation time! I had to do it twice as first time round I counted students off-site twice and duplicated the count for some lessons.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread