+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS 3 - What state am I going to be in? in Technical; After a pretty rubbish night tonight trying to do the Autumn upgrade and some unhelpful advice from Capita that someone ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

SOLUS 3 - What state am I going to be in?

After a pretty rubbish night tonight trying to do the Autumn upgrade and some unhelpful advice from Capita that someone will call me in the morning I'd like to know if someone would have any idea where my system is likely to stand.

Solus 3 deployed the Autumn database updates but then failed on the SQL Server, File Server and and all workstations (taking 3 hours to do so), so in order to have a working SIMS system in the morning I've had to restore the database back to the backup from before the update took place.

When Capita resolve my Solus 3 issue, am I likely to be able to just deploy the Autumn upgrade again and it will detect that the Summer database is present and install the updates again or am I going to have to faff arround with redeploying the database updates and then retrying the rest of the SIMS Autumn update?

To say it's a mess and I'm knackered and not thinking properly about things at the moment is an understatement, so forgive me if I'm missing the obvious.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will ask one thing, as it flumoxed me the same. For no reason at all, the SIMS SOLUS AGENT (not accurate) service was stopped. Started it, and the last hour I had of swearing at the bloody thing vanished...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's not our issue (unfortunately).

Every agent has reported that the download size and expected size are different, then sat and wait for 30 minutes while the deployment for each machine timed out. To say I am beyond unimpressed is definitely an understatement.

Thank Post
    You should be able to deploy the update again and it should detect that Summer database version is the only database version present.

Just deploy the SIMS 2012 Autumn update and not the SIMS Database 2012 Autumn.
    SIMS 2012 Autumn updates the database first anyway.

If an update only is half successful on SOLUS3, u just deploy the update again. You can redeploy the update in Deployment History so that it skips the database (if that's the only bit that has updated) and does the rest as its supposed to in the first place.

To increase the timeout have a look in System Settings and the Deployment tab.

5. Thanks to Ghostgame from:

Cache (11th December 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply, Capita are currently investigating after some nudging so will redeploy the whole update once it's hopefully understood and resolved since restoring the database was the only option.

Annoyingly, all the computers that were offline when the deployment occured updated correctly this morning so I had to go and roll them all back.

At this point, I currently hate Solus3 with a passion after being quite happy for a year.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well tonight, after a bit of fiddling with various redeploy options, a helping hand from my saviour at Capita and a couple of long nervous waits, the Autumn update has been successfully deployed!

A public thanks and a hell of a lot of appreciation from me for the person who helped me through it all, I hope Capita realise just how much anger you managed to avert them from!

Just the few usual tidying up tasks left to do with some offline workstations now I think.
    Last edited by Cache; 13th December 2012 at 09:53 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread