Poll: Can you access SupportNet resource #20246 without the direct link.

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
MIS Systems Thread, Discover download from support net in Technical; Hi, I'm looking for the discover installer on the support net website but all I'm finding is the install guides. ...
  1. #1
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,180
    Thank Post
    188
    Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
    Rep Power
    26

    Discover download from support net

    Hi,
    I'm looking for the discover installer on the support net website but all I'm finding is the install guides. Does anyone have a link to the installer please?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    13
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Hi Jobos,

    Pretty sure we can't direct link it but if you look at Resource number 20246 on supportnet the link is hidden in there just past the sims and fms updates.

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,180
    Thank Post
    188
    Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by JPatch View Post
    Hi Jobos,

    Pretty sure we can't direct link it but if you look at Resource number 20246 on supportnet the link is hidden in there just past the sims and fms updates.

    Hope this helps!
    Thanks but I've look through all 10 pages but can't see that resource number. Which page is it on?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    13
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Hi Jobos,

    Sorry, the link just directs you to a search page.
    If you put the resource number in the search box at the top of the page and click search you should be able to find it.
    Hope this helps

  5. #5
    Jobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,180
    Thank Post
    188
    Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    Thanks again but the HT has just handed me the cd. Don't you just love it when they are clear the first time round

  6. #6

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    I'm also having trouble finding it - 20246 appears to be gone now... any ideas?

    I hate Supportnet!

  7. #7
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 493 Times in 376 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'm also having trouble finding it - 20246 appears to be gone now... any ideas?

    I hate Supportnet!

    Just searched for 20246 from the SupportNet homepage and it's there for me...

  8. #8

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Just searched for 20246 from the SupportNet homepage and it's there for me...
    Very odd, I'm getting nothing... I've even tried going via various routes (Files, News, Documents etc.), searching all and sorting by ID, tried ticking "include expired", absolutely nothing showing up with ID 20246!

    Why isn't there just a link on the homepage to the latest version's ISO? Would make life so much easier! Then again, nothing about the Supportnet site is easy!

  9. #9
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 493 Times in 376 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Very odd, I'm getting nothing... I've even tried going via various routes (Files, News, Documents etc.), searching all and sorting by ID, tried ticking "include expired", absolutely nothing showing up with ID 20246!

    Why isn't there just a link on the homepage to the latest version's ISO? Would make life so much easier! Then again, nothing about the Supportnet site is easy!
    Try it from the quick search field on the right of the home page. That's how I'm finding it.

  10. #10

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Try it from the quick search field on the right of the home page. That's how I'm finding it.
    Tried that, tried via the global search page too... in fact, working back through the pages on global search when no filters are applied and results are sorted by ID, it goes straight for 20244 (Discover release notes) to 20248 (SIMS autumn release new bulletin)

  11. #11

    Steve21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    2,824
    Thank Post
    372
    Thanked 544 Times in 507 Posts
    Rep Power
    184
    Works here too

    20246 News item 16/11/12 *** SIMS 2012 Autumn Release - Now Available

    Which includes the link to the discover ISO

    Steve

  12. #12

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Works here too

    20246 News item 16/11/12 *** SIMS 2012 Autumn Release - Now Available

    Which includes the link to the discover ISO

    Steve
    Now you're just rubbing salt in the wound lol

  13. #13

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Just found that my local support team had a copy on their website that I could download.

    Thanks all for your help!

  14. #14

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,956
    Thank Post
    775
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Rep Power
    367
    Just out of interest can you see if this works :- http://support.capitaes.co.uk/user/d...D8%D5%EE%AB%CA

  15. 2 Thanks to vikpaw:

    zachariah (13th February 2013), zag (9th January 2013)

  16. #15
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 493 Times in 376 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Just out of interest can you see if this works :- http://support.capitaes.co.uk/user/d...D8%D5%EE%AB%CA
    It does for me, but requires you to log in if your not already (which I would expect).



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Programatic data extraction from SIMS.net Data Base
    By NetworkGeezer in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 16th February 2010, 10:22 PM
  2. Producing Classlists from Sims.net NOT Nova
    By mattpant in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 9th September 2008, 07:26 PM
  3. Edugeek 1.5.3 trying to download from www.alonebfg.com
    By KecskeBak in forum EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd June 2008, 07:41 PM
  4. download from iplayer
    By browolf in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14th March 2008, 11:05 PM
  5. Multiple internal website access with one ip from the net
    By binky in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th November 2006, 06:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •