+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, NOVA T6 Transfer curriculum for options in Technical; I am about to arrange a transfer of curriculum so that I can start the options process using SIMS/NOVA T6. ...

Thank Post

NOVA T6 Transfer curriculum for options

I am about to arrange a transfer of curriculum so that I can start the options process using SIMS/NOVA T6. It is the first time I have done this for Options and am a little confused with SIMS documentation about exactly how much I should transfer. I hope someone could advise me on the following:
    1. It is early December so should I transfer as much of the curriculum as possible from Y7 to Y13 and have a full Model set up for 2013-14 or should I only transfer Y10 to 13 for now so that I can work on Options?
    2. If I do transfer Y7 to 13, must I band every year group from Y7 to Y13 so that Options will work properly for me?
    Thank you for any advice offered.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    @chjinbkk there is usually a document on Capita's SupportNet website to assist with this. SupportNet
    It's a little early for that now though and usually, the first person to request it, prompts them to produce it.
    From what i remember, you need to have the new academic year created. Then just send over the basic band data for the years you want. The rest can go in later.

Thank Post
    Thank you Vikpaw. Yes, it is a little early but we want it set up now before the Christmas holiday so that we can start to enter student choices in January. I have seen the Capita docs for previous years, and for this year, and that is what made me wonder how much of the curriculum I should transfer for 2013-14. All of it from Y7 or just Y10to13? So the Model process in NOVA T6 shows all years Y7-13 or just Y10-13 Option blocks? I then import it into Options. The new academic year has been created in SIMS for 2013-14 and pastoral promotion completed.
    Thanks again for your prompt response.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    I don't think it mattes as the only bands / blocks you'll be using to import into Options will be the Y10 / Y12 right? So you can ignore the rest for now. I normally, don't have anything there , or it's just a copy of the previous year. The timetabler then goes and edits it at a later date.
    All i would say is, its useful if you know what you want and you have time to put the structure in. Just in case there are any gremlins.

Thank Post
    You have to have at least one base band in every year group otherwise it won't let you send it over.
    At this stage you are best off just sending over the basebands and not the whole curriculum, as otherwise you need to be making more checks before you do it, for instance checking that all your levels have been assigned correctly.

Vikpaw is correct in that you do need to have the next academic year created, and you also need to have run the promotion to move your students up a year. You don't need to worry so much about the registration part of the promotion routine as you can always run the promotion later to do this.

For clarity's sake, I used to work on the Capita Chelmsford 2nd Line Curriculum desk.
    Hope this helps!

6. Thanks to JPatch from:

chjinbkk (18th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks JPatch. That was very useful additional info.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread