+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Schoolcomms Sims Import Error in Technical; Anybody able to help on this, Tried running the import as normal but keeps failing, saying Failed please contact support ...

Thank Post

Schoolcomms Sims Import Error

Anybody able to help on this, Tried running the import as normal but keeps failing, saying Failed please contact support if problem persisits. I then found an error file. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix? Cheers

Unexpected exception was thrown.
    Message: An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://www.schoolcomms.com/SyncGate...yncGateway.svc. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.
    Exception type: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException
    Stack trace:
    Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities. ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.Ht tpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(T imeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Reques t(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinde r.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(S tring action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.I nvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.I nvoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Schoolcomms.MIS.SyncGateway.ISyncGateway.Process(C redentials Credentials, List`1 Actions, Int64 DatasetImportID)
    at Schoolcomms.MIS.MemberContactGroupSyncWorker.OnDoW ork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

Thank Post
    How long ago did you last run the import routine? Have you upgraded to the SIMS Autumn 2012 yet. There was something in the Schoolcomms October newsletter about having to enable the Schoolcomms plugin if you wanted to continue to access SIMS from the SIMS Focus menu after the Autumn upgrade - doesn't sound like it's that though.

Think I might be inclined to speak to the Schoolcomms helpdesk.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Have no hesitation in just giving them a ring, they are great and will solve it in no time for you.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Was that in the sclog.log file? If you send that file over, from %appdata%\schoolcomms\<user> then they'll analyse it. Or you'll notice something.
    If you retry it might just work.
    I had a problem making a connection on Thursday too, but it just sat there saying it was trying to update data but failed, then we had a system shutdown, so i couldn't pursue it further, but my log was clean.
    It works fine this morning though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread