+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Adding'Note/Document' To Reports in Technical; Dear All, I have recently started using SIMS and do not have much knowledge of the power and flexibilitly of ...

Thank Post

Adding'Note/Document' To Reports

Dear All,

I have recently started using SIMS and do not have much knowledge of the power and flexibilitly of the SIMS built in report writer.

I am trying to produce a report which shows medical conditions BUT also display's the 'note/document' which / if it has been attached to the condition. I cannot find anything in the report wizard relating to 'note/document' information at all. Does anyone know where this data is located / if it can be extracted through the report wizard?

Any help is much appreicated.

Thanks,

Al

Alex McQueen

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Alex
    It is possible, but at the moment very difficult to make sense of. However apparently, with the latest upgrade, released last week it is supposed to be working how we want. At least this is what i inferred and hoped from the Pre-Release Notes.
    However nothing is mentioned in the actual release notes, and i've not had a chance to play with the Test VM yet.
    If you do pull through the notes, what you'll find is because they are weakly linked to the conditions it will be re-printed alongside each condition, not just the one it was written against.
    I'd advise not to try it until at least you're on the Autumn update, then test it out and see.

Thank Post
    I am still having this same problem, did you manage to solve this issue?

I think it is becuase of the day it saves the docuement/note as a linked document means you cannot pick it up within the reporting element. Correct me if I am wrong?

Many Thanks Tom

Thank Post
    You can access the notes, but they are not linked to the incident, so if you ask for condition and note, it will write the note against each condition, not just the one that it was linked to. I tested the access in the latest release on my test server and there doesn't appear to be any change, so it didn't do what i thought it promised.

Thank Post
    Where do I have to go to pull that.

I have started via the normal route into:
    - Reports
    - Design report

Can't see which data field I should selec to grab notes...

Many Thanks

Thank Post
    Student Focus | On Roll | Add say Name & Reg
    Scroll down to medical, and there are sub-tables you can add for medical condition / medical events etc. The notes are beneath that, but as far as i can tell not linked to the actual event / condition.
    If you just want notes out then that will look okay but when you ask for conditions and notes as it comes from two different tables you'll end up with duplicate data coming out.

Thank Post
    The notes you are referring to is pulling from notes added within the Medical Notes box.

Within Medical Events I know you can add a new event type, but is there a way to add in anymore descriptions for events?

I.e. I want to have a drop down option for a different type of Immunisation?

Thank Post
    Go to Tools | Maintain Medical Events -it's a lookup field, so if you modify the one for immunisation you'll see a list e.g. polio, tetanus etc. That what you want ?
    Reporting on them is harder as teh drop down doesn't appear, you'd have to type in the word manually.

Thank Post
    Ok Thanks,

Could not work out why this was not in look-ups! It still does not make sense to be, but atleast I know now

Ok I will have a look into this for reporting, we need to update the way we enter in our medical things as it is a nightware to report on at current!

Thank Post
    Well avoid using the other category. It's much better to be specific. We used to use under conditions, Other Allergies, and put data in notes, but due to poor reporting as discussed, we now have specific entries for each so: allergy - nuts, allergy - sunlight, allergy - dust, allergy - hard work etc.

Thank Post
    "allergy - hard work!" , diagnosed medical condition if you were to beleave some of our students.

Yes we are going to develop the description I think so it is more useful.

SIMS still needs much development for the medical entry side of things I think!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread