+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Report for number of lates in the past week in Technical; Hi, I'm having a brain dead moment, how can I get a report to run only for the past week ...

Thank Post

Report for number of lates in the past week

Hi,

I'm having a brain dead moment, how can I get a report to run only for the past week and show a total number of lates for AM and PM reg?

Thanks

Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    I think the one called Pupils with chosen code will do the job. Or there is a late letter report that you can set up too. Not sure if the first report splits by session though.

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

chris_uk (18th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks Vikpaw. Any idea if I can get this to run with commandreporter to get it as a scheduled report for sending text messages?

Thank Post
    The built-in lesson monitor reports aren't available for command reporter as far as i know. but if that is your ultimate goal, then write your own report based on attendance, then it will defo be formatted how you like by session, and can be scripted.
    The other options are, as i said late letters is quite a powerful one.
    Or, look at some of the other services that offer texting based on attendance, Schoolcomms, Groupcall, ParentMail, Mailfinder, there are some really cheap ones out there too, rather than doing it yourself. We swear by Schoolcomms.

6. Thanks to vikpaw from:

chris_uk (18th November 2012)

Thank Post
    The texting isn't an issue, we already have a great system in place for that. I've just been asked to add this additional report and can't get the data out how I want it. Ideally to have a report that just has upn, number of lates for the past school days that can be grabbed using commandreporter.

I've written my own report but I can't get it to limit the data to the past week, it just does it for this academic year.

Thank Post
    If you check the forum, for the threads on command reporter, there were quite strange issues when trying to run reports over a date range, i'm pretty sure it was linked to the attendance data. I think one of the workarounds was that you could put one date in, so you'd have to run the reports twice, once from start of term to start of week, then again from start of term to end of week and subtract.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have one on my system!

Focus: Pupil.
    Fields:
    - Forename & Surname
    - Reg Group
    - Attendance SubReport.

The Attendance SubReport needs to have no fields assigned to it so it returns a count instead. Then for a filter in the SubReport (Click on it and click the red book.):

- Mark is L or U.
    - Mark Date is between X and Y (Tick the Enter at Runtime box so you can enter the values for X and Y).

A few notes. Attendance Marks returns AM/PM session marks whilst Lesson Marks will return attendance marks for lessons. You can also use the AM/PM field in the attendance SubReport filter to retrieve marks for just AM or PM. There is no way to explicitly say "This week only" for the date range, so you have to manually enter the dates each run.

Thank Post
    The problem i think @CAM is that you can't run that with commandreporter . Great if it works. I'm pretty sure it will need a rewrite.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replied guys. I ended up writing a script to run a report for each days attendance, saving the data to MySQL, doing a count of lates for the week and then sending the text message. I believe it had the desired effect based on the phone calls this morning to the attendance office!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread