+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Class Details - Non-Class Codes in Technical; Is it common for Reg period to have no Class Details i.e. when I have a Class Details for an ...
    Thank Post

Class Details - Non-Class Codes

Is it common for Reg period to have no Class Details i.e. when I have a Class Details for an AM registration in Arrange Cover, it doesn't show any members in the class. Is there something that needs to be configured?

Thank Post
    Well digging further into this, in NT6>NCC the reg group are in but with a different name to that in the pastoral structure. Are they meant to match, (I could be wrong) in NT4 class name had to match the shortname in the pastoral structure.

Any timetabler who could shed some light on this?

Thank Post
    Hi, to put it simply, Cover does not read (and include) the pastoral structure from SIMS. A timetabler then needs to create 'something' on the timetable to identify Reg for it to show in cover / timetables.
    This is normally a Non-Class Code, but NCC's are teacher only activities, so no students can be assigned.

To get around this the timetabler could create 'teaching lessons' called Reg Group names and schedule as per a normal teaching class.
    In SIMS students would then need to be assigned a reg in TWO places, one in their student record (year and reg panel). The other would be in the academic area (e.g.Curric assignment by scheme) to place students into a 'registration teaching class'.

Whether this extra work and duplication of tasks is worth it is up for debate, but this will get you the result required.

Thank Post
    Yup issue is that NCC were not shown on the timeline until recently but now it has they cant actually take a register because it is a NCC (duh). I did ask the question but user was convinced it worked previously, which it never did because it wasn't shown.

User will have to work around it, until a better solution is made available.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,166 Posts
    We timetable reg, and maintain the info in two places. It's okay as two different people maintain the separate data areas.
    If NCC is now shown on the TT, you can use it as an indicator to the coverer that a reg needs to be done. They then need to call up the respective person's register and just click on the am/pm period and it will let them take their register for them. It's like just doing it manually, but now they should have a flag on their timeline to say it needs doing, which wasn't there before.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread