+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Can anyone tell me anything about Parrs texting service? in Technical; I am changing to Parrs system, they offer a general text and email service and a service for attendance and ...

Thank Post

Can anyone tell me anything about Parrs texting service?

I am changing to Parrs system, they offer a general text and email service and a service for attendance and lates, can anyone tell me anything about them, any experiences they have had personally with them or know of any schools that have as i am currently with truancy call and want to compare....more importantly do they offer voice calls as this is where i get the best response from our parents.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,453 Posts
    Please don't cross post, your thread in the BSF forum has been deleted.

Ben

Thank Post

???

Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Please don't cross post, your thread in the BSF forum has been deleted.

Ben
    I don't understand what that means, i am new at this and just looking for advice on this software!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,688 Posts
    Hi @steele757
    What he means is that your question was posted in two forums at once, this one and the BSF forum. I dont know if you meant that to happen, but anyway the latter has been deleted now.
    Hopefully someone will be able to help you!

Thank Post

Sorry, my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Hi @steele757
    What he means is that your question was posted in two forums at once, this one and the BSF forum. I dont know if you meant that to happen, but anyway the latter has been deleted now.
    Hopefully someone will be able to help you!
    Oh right, no that wasn't done on purpose, i can only just manage to post one thread.

Thank Post
    What do you want to know? Happy to help as I'm just going through this now myself. :-)

Thank Post

New suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    What do you want to know? Happy to help as I'm just going through this now myself. :-)
    I'm really undecided on whether i want to change supplier or not, Parrs is a new one thats come to me for Truancy and general text and email, i want to know id Parrs has voice calls and what it does or doesn't do against Truancy call & Call Parents.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steele757 View Post
    I'm really undecided on whether i want to change supplier or not, Parrs is a new one thats come to me for Truancy and general text and email, i want to know id Parrs has voice calls and what it does or doesn't do against Truancy call & Call Parents.
    Never used Truancy Call, although considored it, so I can't do a direct comparison.

PARS does a lot more than just Text and Email, so if you're wanting just those features you'd probably find it cheaper to go with just an SMS service such as Truancy Call. If you're getting PARS anyway, it does a ton of stuff. And is very impressive.

The SMS uses a third party, Bulk SMS, SMS Marketing, Online SMS and SMS Gateway API Services for Businesses - TextAnywhere.net, to send the SMS messages. PARS does not do voice calls. It's purely SMS and email. People can reply to the text and emails though and they're fed into PARS. If you have any specific 'does it do this' then I could probably answer those easier than comparing the two systems.

Edit: I should add that PARS will send Text messages to landline numbers though and convert the text to voice.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 18th October 2012 at 03:13 PM.

Thank Post

PARS/ TRUANCY CALL- CALL PARENTS

Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Never used Truancy Call, although considored it, so I can't do a direct comparison.

PARS does a lot more than just Text and Email, so if you're wanting just those features you'd probably find it cheaper to go with just an SMS service such as Truancy Call. If you're getting PARS anyway, it does a ton of stuff. And is very impressive.

The SMS uses a third party, Bulk SMS, SMS Marketing, Online SMS and SMS Gateway API Services for Businesses - TextAnywhere.net, to send the SMS messages. PARS does not do voice calls. It's purely SMS and email. People can reply to the text and emails though and they're fed into PARS. If you have any specific 'does it do this' then I could probably answer those easier than comparing the two systems.

Edit: I should add that PARS will send Text messages to landline numbers though and convert the text to voice.
    First of all Our Truancy and Call Parents system is brilliant! i love it, the only reason we are looking into other systems is because we are changing to an academy but otherwise i would be more than happy to stick with what we have as i love my voice calls to parents as i get a great response- I am looking for a Truancy call, absences, lates system and a general text and email, i have also looked into Sims in touch but again they don't do voice calls and that is most important to me. We are a school of aprox 1,200 pupils and i pay only £825 per annum for both systems combined and 4p per text. So it would also have to compete with that price. Are you with PARS yourself then?

Thank Post
    First of all Our Truancy and Call Parents system is brilliant! i love it, the only reason we are looking into other systems is because we are changing to an academy but otherwise i would be more than happy to stick with what we have as i love my voice calls to parents as i get a great response- I am looking for a Truancy call, absences, lates system and a general text and email, i have also looked into Sims in touch but again they don't do voice calls and that is most important to me. We are a school of aprox 1,200 pupils and i pay only £825 per annum for both systems combined and 4p per text. So it would also have to compete with that price. Are you with PARS yourself then?
    Why can you not keep it when you move to academy? As PARS does a lot more than those systems, you obviously would pay more to buy it, but it's an outright purchase with only a yearly support fee for updates etc and the cost for that is neither here nor there. Support is absolutely fabulous and updates are very frequent. You could ask for a feature today and if it was possible to do, you'd probably find it in a release tomorrow. That's how good the development is. You don't wait months for the features you want and need today.

We're using the software, yes.

11. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

vikpaw (3rd November 2012)

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post
    Hi

PARS will work with audio telephony systems though subject to School current system. Texts can also be sent as voice interacted calls to landlines

Sorry.... can only be basic on here.

Thanks

13. Thanks to jenny_urey from:

vikpaw (3rd November 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread