+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Office 2010 and Individual Reports in Technical; Originally Posted by Jamo Can't we just print reports using default settings please Capita?????????????????????????????????????? I'm just waiting for someone to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Can't we just print reports using default settings please Capita??????????????????????????????????????

I'm just waiting for someone to come on with the advice:
    "You must be wearing green socks and have one trouser leg rolled up for individual reports to work!"
    You're looking at the problem the wrong way, default settings according to Capita are all of those checks / unchecked options - replete with green socks! I don't know about trouser legs though, don't you wear shorts to work ?

2. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Jamo (17th October 2012)

Thank Post
    I do find it quite interesting about the sheer range of problems with this reporting section with regard to solutions and what works for people. It does point to reporting with Office 2010 being broken in some way. IMHO if you 'support' software, ie SIMS supports Office 2010, then it should work, default settings, or settings which can be configured centrally.

It is totally wrong to expect schools to break their Office package to get a broken reporting system working, especially when the problem has been known about for many years!!

Thank Post
    I remember first trying out Office 2010 before it was supported and slowly finding things you could do and things that wouldn't work. It was worth the pain then to have had longer to find workarounds!

Thank Post
    I seem to be the only person in my school that doesn't have fits with individual reports and 2010.

but I do seem to remember making the changes @Jamo suggested, as well as doing as @vikpaw suggest in saving it twice.

I have found that reports others design I have to redo some tags, so I'll see if there is a way I can get the changes pushed to everyone, as trying to walk even half our staff through that might be asking much.

Thank Post
    On ours if you use tags which are 'real' words ie surname or firstname then the tags all go in. Just the incorrect words in ours. Wonder if it is consistent or its just us?

Thank Post
    Had the same problem with some tags filling with data & others not. We switched from 2003 to 2010 this year & was new issue with 2010.

The main solution that works for me is to

1) Verify template (Never had to use verify template in 2003, tags just worked!)
    2) Save in the Word template.
    3) Close word
    4) Save in Sims Individual Report screen
    5) Go back into Word Template
    6) Crash out of the template by simply closing word. Do not save within word at all this time
    7) Save in Sims Individual Report screen for a 2nd time

Then it has always worked for me. No need to do anything with spell check!

This is basically what Vikpaw has always suggested to do when having trouble with Templates, the only thing I changed with this 2010 problem was the use of verify template. I now always follow the above with ANY amendment to word template in individual reports. I don't have a problem now. The only time I have trouble is if I miss out any step above.

Many thanks Vikpaw

8. Thanks to AmandaLambert from:

TGilly (14th November 2012)

Thank Post
    One word of warning. if verify works for you, then it's useful; if you are fiddling with tags, use it. In some cases however, with very long templates, you'll hit a code limit and it will either hang or crash out. If this happens you can't verify, but usually if you edit carefully, you don't need to verify for the template to work. It's something else that is the problem, either the Word options or the double save thing will sort that. Verify is just useful for when you break a tag by accidentally deleting the brackets or copy pasting the tags.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12