+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Lesson Monitor - Edit Marks - Restrict in Technical; Hi all It is fair to say that I am not terribly technical but unfortunately I am now the administrator ...

Thank Post

Lesson Monitor - Edit Marks - Restrict

Hi all

It is fair to say that I am not terribly technical but unfortunately I am now the administrator for SIMs in a small school.

Currently the teachers have been given Class Teacher access and they seem to be able to edit each others marks and this has led to staff being able to change marks that I would rather they didn't! Can I restrict/change the access so that they can take the registers but not amend/edit?

Your help is appreciated!

:-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts

SIMS is a tough path, but ultimately rewarding (usually!). You'll find plenty of know-how here.
    You should also join Capita's own SupportNet forum SupportNet

As for you issue, unfortunately, it's not easy to remove that permission, because then they would not be able to take their own registers. Why are they even bothering to go into someone else's register?

There are some situations where you do want they to overwrite marks, and certain settings in SIMS will do this automatically. e.g. someone is marked as N then later turns up late to the next lesson. You might want the session mark to be marked as present for firedrill purposes.

There were some rules introduced in the last update, that governs when say the school admin enters a mark in advance, then in certain circumstances that can't be overwritten by a teacher. So the marks have a weighting of sorts.

I don't think any of this applies in your case though. What sort of marks are they changing?

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Athena65 (13th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Hi

thanks for that and I will check out the Capita Forum as well thank you

The marks that are being changed are the sort that could get us in to trouble, I have found the report that gives me the history of the change and so I think that I will have to be content with that, as what you say above about changing a N to present etc would be a valid change.

Glad I found the forum here!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    I've never really been happy with the level of auditing on the lesson marks. The history of changes report isn't that useful and there's nowhere i can see where you can select a reason for change. The default is always entered in error!
    I'm pretty sure that if you open and take someone else's register it puts it down in their name.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread