+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, FSM Ever? in Technical; Originally Posted by AmandaLambert A few things to bear in mind with the Key To Success data; -The data only ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaLambert View Post
    A few things to bear in mind with the Key To Success data;

-The data only goes up to 06/10/2011.
    -Standard school report only includes students on roll as at 6/10/2011
    -You can bulk search (up to 500 UPN numbers at one time) for any new pupils who have arrived after the 6/10/2011, the report can then be imported into SIMS

We have a SIMS report which then show all students, including those after the 6/10/2011, so that we are aware who is FSM Ever 6.

One thing I am still a bit confused over is when a student become FSM just after a census & then is removed just before the next one, I think they do not count! Can anyone clarify this?
    FSM isn't a tick box in SIMS saying Yes/No, it requires a date range for when the evidence is valid. When the FSM evidence expires and no new evidence is presented, you enter an end date into this range and save it to terminate the pupil's FSM eligibility but a record is kept for Ever 6.

I assume the census picks this up automatically (I hope!) but I may be wrong. FSM is a mess on my system as people have been deleting date ranges in error before I arrived! >.<

Thank Post
    I'm looking at this moment at a CTF (V11) produced by Facility CMIS. Here's an exerpt...

<FSMhistory>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2007-01-18</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2007-01-18</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2007-05-17</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2007-05-17</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2007-10-04</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2007-10-04</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2008-01-17</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2008-01-17</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2011-01-20</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2011-01-20</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2011-05-19</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2011-05-19</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2011-10-06</FSMstartDate>
    <FSMendDate>2011-10-06</FSMendDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    <FSMinstance>
    <FSMstartDate>2012-01-05</FSMstartDate>
    </FSMinstance>
    </FSMhistory>

Goes back to 2007.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    FSM is a mess on my system as people have been deleting date ranges in error before I arrived! >.<
    Same here!! Member of staff was simply deleting instead of putting an end date. Totally messed up the census data & therefore the FSM Ever 6, had to manually correct it. Bigger problem was the CTF's were not transfered through correctly so all required manual input of FSM History.

Thank Post
    I realize I'm bumping a completely old topic (that I made) but now I'm even more lost on this.

I've gone through K2S, got all of our new pupils FSMs up-to-date, and yet when I filter on the marksheet it is still only showing me the students that are currently FSM - which isn't going to help me track progress/attainment of the ever-6 group.

I can make UDGs, and will do, but it would be nice if the SIMS filter would filter on it - am I missing something?

Thank Post
    @tombry No, you're not being thick! As you say, the FSM column only shows currently FSM students (I think), as historically that's all that was required. Hopefully Capita might expand this in the future *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* to have an Ever6 column too, as the currently mooted solution of a Pupil Premium tick box that the school needs to manually maintain sounds like it could go wrong quickly.

If the DfE are basing PP on Ever6 FSM, Ever3 Service Child and LEA In Care, hopefully SIMS can piece this together on its own, as it should contain all the necessary information?
    @PhilNeal Possible, or too simplistic?

DfE PP Condition of Grant 2013-14 http://media.education.gov.uk/assets...nt%2013-14.pdf

Thank Post
    Appreciate that this thread is very old now, but I still cannot see a way to get FSMEver6 onto marksheets / registers, it is still showing current FSM. Please tell me Capita have updated it??

Thank Post
    It seems the main focus appears to be on Pupil Premium (PP). Capita have provided a location to manually add students who are PP, which includes the FSM Ever 6 Students. However due to the continuing changes to this new recording area & the data that goes into it, I am currently avoiding using it. This can be added to marksheets as an additional student information column Pupil Premium Indicator. I think they are changing it again though so that when we get the next report from Key To Success for the Jan14 Pupil Premium Students, it will be separately specified as to FSM Ever 6, LAC, Service Children and Adopted from Care, we will be able to upload into SIMS.
    I have created an aspect which I keep manually updated with our various categories of PP including a category for FSM Ever 6.
    I have found all areas of extracting data for FSM Ever 6 from SIMS to be flawed in one way or another.

Thank Post
    Probably best to create a new aspect for FSM6 and manually update after each Census then. Thanks for your help :-)

Thank Post
    I use the PP indicator, and under notes just put what it is for.

as we only have two LACs and no Service Children, pretty easy for us to know they are all FSM6.

but really, just tracking PP and FSM seperately should be enough

Thank Post
    That's what I do MrsSquires. Not ideal

The closest report that is nearly accurate in one you can run from SIMS Reports. It simply gives a T or F for FSM Ever 6 (under additional information). However it works it out directly from the start/end dates in the FSM Eligibility. Gives True to students who start after one census & end before the next, which should therefore be false. Also dates must all be correct in that field for it to work, I had to amend some incorrect end dates before it was close enough to be useful.
    Last edited by AmandaLambert; 15th May 2014 at 10:35 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12