+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMs attendance reports per lesson in Technical; Hi there I am trying (unsuccessfully) to create attendance reports for A level reports. At present our SLT link says ...
    syc

Thank Post

Unhappy SIMs attendance reports per lesson

Hi there
    I am trying (unsuccessfully) to create attendance reports for A level reports. At present our SLT link says that it can only be done by class and not by individual teacher as the class code is identical. As such staff are having to manually input attendance into their reports because SIMS combines subject teachers for the same A level class. Is there anyone who can help me divise a way of enabling these figures to go directly from Lesson monitor into a report so that a teacher does not have to take a paper register and count up individual lessons. Is there a code that I can add to specific subjects to enable the data to go to the right teacher?

thanks

Thank Post
    I have a SIMS.net Report that outputs every mark in a year group to a csv file and then I use a pivot table in excel (I could probably macro this if I wanted) to find out attendance for particular groups/staff.

Not super efficient, but only take a couple of minutes.

syc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    I have a SIMS.net Report that outputs every mark in a year group to a csv file and then I use a pivot table in excel (I could probably macro this if I wanted) to find out attendance for particular groups/staff.

Not super efficient, but only take a couple of minutes.
    #Hi Skunk

Thanks, will get on to it tomorrow

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,220 Posts
    @skunk - does that work for when a class is split taught? I'd have thought it would still dump it all under the same class code.
    The only way i could see it, is when looked at from a teacher focus, and in their register they look at the history and it omits classes they don't teach.
    @syc - Do you really need to have attendance by teacher? Not just for the class.

syc

Thank Post
    Yes, Vikpaw I do need it for individual teachers. We have to write separate reports and give our attendance. They may show in our lesson but not someone elses!

Thank Post
    When the staff are tt'ed to take the class, the mark gets attributed to them, regardless of the code. I think SIMS may now actually record who takes the mark, it only used to record who should take the mark.

7. Thanks to skunk from:

syc (3rd October 2012)

Thank Post
    Crazy. The default reports only want to report by the class name and show the teacher as whoever is marked as the main class teacher.
    Looks like pivot table is the way to go then.
    unless you timetable the group so that the different teacher has a different class code. we're looking at doing that, as our IB classes are split between Higher and Standard and the higher kids get an extra 2 periods in the same block. some kind of derived / sub-class.

Thank Post
    I suspect there must be something that I'm missing but if your teachers are reporting separately it sounds as if there is more than one class? Is there any reason that you can't create two classes and give complete freedom for reporting on all aspects?

Thank Post
    Same class/course taught by multiple teachers is the scenario i was thinking of. We have it all the time. It's easier if the class code is the same.

Thank Post
    I still don't understand why would want to report to parents by teacher if its the same class?

syc

Thank Post
    Yes, I teach British History and other teacher teaches the same kids European History. Our classes are run at different times but as the class has the same code 12B/H1 attendance marks get merged when you go parent reports. We cannot distinguish which lesson they attended with which teacher which is why I keep a paper register. Sound like there has to be a simple way of doing this.

syc

Thank Post
    So i need to see if my SLT link knows that SIMs can do this! I am dealing with people who don't really know the software and think I'm making problems for them. i just want my staff to have the technology work for them.

Thank Post
    I do find it odd that the teachers send a separate report, like for each module of the same course. I'm assuming that both histories are part of the same History Course.
    When we have split teaching only the main teacher writes the report and takes comments from the other teacher if required and merges them in.

I can see that from the SIMS / Lesson Monitor point of view, it takes attendance for a class. Not for a teacher. The teacher is assigned to the class, so they haven't thought about reporting by teacher. You wouldn't really want to see all marks for a teacher, it would always need to be sub-filtered by class for it to be useful. Unless you want to prove that Teacher A is less popular than Teacher B.

If the marks are attributed to the teacher somehow, then @skunk 's report should work. Can you share it?

Thank Post
    I have attached the exported report. Just remove the .txt extension to import into SIMS.

This lists all the marks for all the students in a given year group (7 in this case) between two dates and exports it all to a .csv file.

Column list:

Forename & Surname
    Reg Group
    Lesson marks (filtered by date)
    -Mark
    -Date
    -Class
    -Subject
    -Teacher
    -Recorded By

Hope this is of assistance.

Obviously I give no warranty of mechantability, am not liable, at your own risk, etc.
    Attached Files Attached Files

16. 2 Thanks to skunk:

syc (3rd October 2012), vikpaw (4th October 2012)

syc

Thank Post
    Thank you!
    I'm going to have a go and then see if it will work for what I want.I've also had someone from SIMs say to me that it sounds like a simple timetabling issue on NOVA.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast