+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Looking for new MIS - maybe! in Technical; Just putting some feelers out there ..... We currently use DoubleFirst Engage - its not that bad actually, but their ...
    Thank Post

Looking for new MIS - maybe!

Just putting some feelers out there .....

We currently use DoubleFirst Engage - its not that bad actually, but their support is not so great and their 'finance' package is a joke.
    So ... we are starting to look for a possible alternative as ours runs out next Sept.
    Plan on going to the BETT show to see what is there and have a chat with some.

Heard about SIMS ... lol Don't wanna touch that!
    Anyone got any recommendations for GOOD systems we could take a look at?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I direct you to the sponsors of this forum, and my signature (I do love our sponsorship!)...

Aspen MIS is a cloud-based, fully integrated MIS and Learning Platform (if that interests you too) that contains all the features you would typically expect in an MIS, built on a future-proof platform that is incredibly flexible but robust. Aspen has a proven world-wide track record serving 1000s of schools and millions of students daily.

Would be happy to speak to you more about having a look at the product or finding out more.

To ensure I stay slightly balanced... there are other guys out there if not SIMS... I suggest you check out the sticky posts on this forum to find out more about them and what is going on with each right now.

Thank Post
    For all you donrt want to touch SIM's i feel as someone who uses it a lot it isnt as bad as it may seem to be. It does all the basics well and generaly works fine. Yes updates can cause headaches, but you get that with any software I moved back to if from Serco Facility.

We used Seco Facility and i can assure you although it has alot more power and features it doesnt do the basics easily, or at least it didnt. We got it at a time when it was expanding rapidly and support was a joke, towards the end I must admit it was alot better, but by this stage i had lost patience.

Out of the two i would say Facility was the better software, but SIM's was easier for staff to use as once theygot there registers the marksheets on the same secition via tabs is perfect for them. (which i found strange as we used the E-Portal part of facility for staff and as its like a webpage itshould have been easier for them... but hey thats teachers)

Thank Post
    We too are using DoubleFirst Engage and cannot wait to get away from it. Over the last couple of years it just feels as though their software fundamentals are being written as we're flagging up the bugs on a weekly basis - we've always felt a little like guinea pigs with them.

Does anyone know if WCBS uses a single database for their admin/financial modules?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Thank you kindly Peterit.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread