+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS.net - Exams organiser on x64 systems in Technical; Can anyone help me with Exams organiser on 64bit installations, see attached screen print. This is effecting Win7 x64 as ...

Thank Post

SIMS.net - Exams organiser on x64 systems

Can anyone help me with Exams organiser on 64bit installations, see attached screen print. This is effecting Win7 x64 as well as our remote access server running on server 2008R2. There is nothing wrong with our.net installation ive completley removed it and re-installed it. (if you try and open sims with out it it wont even load the login box so i know the Main sims.net application can find it.)

Untitled-1.png

Thank Post
    Got to love it. So you have sims installed locally to program files, which opens fine. Can you click on documentation on the homepage, does it open ok?

Thank Post
    Yes, Documents link work, also discovered i can't use the print timetable routine from the reports menu. I can't be the only one who is starting to deploy x64 to workstations?

see attached screen for error i get when using print timetable wizard

Untitled-1.png

Thank Post
    Sorry, I'm going to rant.

Why are you still using the old Nova-T4 reports? Basically that menu route runs Nova-T4 which is 16bit which will never work in SIMS, why Capita insist on keeping that menu is beyond me! Basically directly under that you have a number of sub menus - these are those lovely .NET reports that everyone loves that people never seem to know about despite being in SIMS for years now. It annoys me because you say to people, hey Capita have developers allocated and activity working on something, but no moaning sod does anything until the developers have moved on to the next big thing and no-one cares any more about that "old" thing you've started using.

Sorry, rant over - basically think this will happen when SOLUS2 dies. Anyway, move the mouse cursor down 1 more and that'll solve that one problem.

Thank Post
    But the printed timetables that this produces are rubbish they are on 2 pages, the print timetable routines makes a much better job of it.

i accept your solution as a work around, but until they make the routine as good as the print timetable i deem it a temporary solution.

Any ideas on exams organisers?

Thank Post
    Pretty sure I've heard people have spent time to get it to replicate almost the same thing - having said that it goes back to my whole thing of why haven't people raised this when Capita were activity developing it and were asking for feedback. Sigh.

The other weird .net issue the capita helpdesk would need to remote in and have a look at it as it'll be some weird settings or something

Thank Post
    Im under an LA support system that is less that helpful. The response i got was use a 32bit machine instead. Is this a common problem with x64 machines and exams organiser or is it just me?

Thank Post
    x64 works fine. RDS\terminal services can be a bit of fun. Virtualstore on Vista\Win7\Server2008 can also be fun.

Thank Post
    They all work for me except exams organiser wont open, i have serveral instances of x64 were exams organinser wont open so i kinda hoped it was a software bug

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Is Exams x64 compatible? Maybe it's looking for the old location where it would be on a 32bit machine.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Is Exams x64 compatible? Maybe it's looking for the old location where it would be on a 32bit machine.
    Yes, 64bit happy. It's a 32bit application. It works fine in the c:\program files (x86)\sims\sims .net directory or whatever weird location you may decide. I believe it needs to register some COM files that means you need admin rights but other then that.

Thank Post
    This error has now change to this

Untitled-1.png

Any ideas?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread