+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, MIS and FMS for a new free school in Technical; Currently looking into an integrated MIS and FMS system for a new free school. Are any other providers currently on ...

Thank Post

MIS and FMS for a new free school

Currently looking into an integrated MIS and FMS system for a new free school.

Are any other providers currently on the market besides
    a) SIMS
    b) WCBS
    c) CMIS

Preference is leaning towards an all in one solution. However for obvious reasons we dont want to rule out separate companies for each product, if the solution provided can be utilised successfully. for example, schoolbase and isams dont have the FMS side of things but I've read good articles on their MIS solutions.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Look at Pearson, who i believe offer both packages, i forget what the UK version is called. The MIS side in the states is PowerSchool / Chancery.

Also look at Aspen, which though it doesn't have the FMS side, do work with any of the companies out there. It does have a fees module, and is very flexible in all other ways as well as having a VLE / parent portal built in. For the Finance side, you could then choose whatever you wanted, e.g. Corero, PSFinancials, Sage etc ...

If you're going to consider separates, then ScholarPack is also worth a look, though i think it might depend on which year groups you have to cater for.

Thank Post
    This is another one you should also check the IMLS framework site for additional guidance.
    The framework included a robust financial provisioning as part of it's coverage.
    So everyone in that may have ticked the boxes required.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Utilising my power as forum sponsor (again!), Aspen MIS is a big contender for the list you have started. A cloud based, all in one solution at is proven world-wide. As Vik states, it doesn't have an FMS type module built in (yet) but we do operate with the likes of Sage for this purpose.

There is another thread running here regarding our Aspen conference this Friday where we are putting on a special demonstration session for those who want to see e product and know a little bit more about it. If you are interested in attending, it is being held in Birmingham at 1pm, PM me if interested (or of course if you want a one to one later on!)
    @vikpaw pearson in the UK is E1 still isn't it?
    @JohnCondon it would be nice to think that, that was certainly the intention... The truth is not quite so clear cut. What it is however is a concise list of the big players in our market

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Yes, that's it E1.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread