+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, [Review] TASC Insight Parent Portal in Technical; I have raised two queries this morning (we are still at the setting up stage) and both times the issue ...

Thank Post
    I have raised two queries this morning (we are still at the setting up stage) and both times the issue was replied to within 10 minutes. The cost is a fixed price per pupil I believe. Definitely worth chasing as we had a demo to use and show to our SLT.

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post

Smile Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesbury View Post
    This is all very interesting stuff. I'm trying to put together a proposal for our senior management comparing a few parental portal solutions (with a heavy lean towards TASC) but I'm still waiting on a costing quote from TASC! I sent it on 6th Feb and haven't heard a peep.

Delays like that worry me. Can anyone comment on their speed of response about general things like this? They were incredibly helpful and informative at BETT (surprise, surprise!)

Hi

As I am unsure of your name and School on the forum, please could you email me at j.urey@tascsoftware.co.uk or call 01902 824281. I can give you a quote over the phone straight away or email you.

I will have a look into why an email has not been returned if you have sent a request also once I know who you are

Many thanks and I apologise for any inconvenience

Jenny Urey

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny_urey View Post
    Hi

As I am unsure of your name and School on the forum, please could you email me at j.urey@tascsoftware.co.uk or call 01902 824281. I can give you a quote over the phone straight away or email you.

I will have a look into why an email has not been returned if you have sent a request also once I know who you are

Many thanks and I apologise for any inconvenience

Jenny Urey
    Have looked into this further and nothing received on our email server for an INSIGHT quote for a School in Bristol on the 6th Feb; please contact me directly and I will help you out straight away...not sure what has happened there :/

Many thanks

Jenny

Thank Post
    Hoping someone can answer another Insight question.

We use Sims Profiles and are looking to publish PDF documents on Insight for parents. Currently we do that via SLG by selecting within Sims which reports to publish then converting. With Insight, it appears that you put a From and To Date to dictate which reports are published. I generate multiple times in a Profile session which can last 4 weeks, and obviously I don't want profiles published before they are finished. However, during this window, some individual reports may be finished and need to be published. Has anyone mastered how to run this to suit the reporting calendar?

Thank Post
    Got Jenny coming in a couple of weeks - should be good.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoastSaint View Post
    Hoping someone can answer another Insight question.

We use Sims Profiles and are looking to publish PDF documents on Insight for parents. Currently we do that via SLG by selecting within Sims which reports to publish then converting. With Insight, it appears that you put a From and To Date to dictate which reports are published. I generate multiple times in a Profile session which can last 4 weeks, and obviously I don't want profiles published before they are finished. However, during this window, some individual reports may be finished and need to be published. Has anyone mastered how to run this to suit the reporting calendar?
    We don't use Profiles but use a cut off data against the Parents Role which means they can only see see reports published up until that date anything published after that they would not be able to see as regards individual reports. So at the moment we have published (uploaded to document Server) the Year 9 Individual reports but set the Cut off date or earliest date to last week so parents or Pupils can't yet see these as yet but Staff can as they have not Cut off date or earliest date. Their is a school down the road that are using profiles if I get chance I'll try and email them tomorrow to check this works the same their.

Thank Post
    We don't use profiles either but the way it works here is that the individual reports are uploaded to the document server when they are complete. When we want parents to see them I then run the Insight conversion routine that produces the pdf version of the individual report and that is the only one that the parent can see. The date range in Insight covers the selection that it uses to identify which files to convert, I didn't know/realise that I could set a date range that controlled what they could see.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Be careful using their batch convert to PDF function. There is no way to delete the files afterwards.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Be careful using their batch convert to PDF function. There is no way to delete the files afterwards.
    The only way is to do it individually from linked documents. I have had to do this a few times and it does not take as long you would think but it is still a pain.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by number34 View Post
    The only way is to do it individually from linked documents. I have had to do this a few times and it does not take as long you would think but it is still a pain.

Do you mean to say that when you use the batch PDF conversion, it writees every document again to DMS and attachs it to linked docs but this time in PDF form? Or do you mean no way to delete from showing in Insight?

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoastSaint View Post
    Do you mean to say that when you use the batch PDF conversion, it writees every document again to DMS and attachs it to linked docs but this time in PDF form?
    Yes that's basically it.

You don't have to use that feature though, insight can show existing word documents as well automatically with no conversion necessary.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Hi @zag, we're looking at this and got a few questions.
    Presumably teachers get access to set up homework etc. How does this work, is it easy enough?
    Can you do file sharing e.g. teacher submits base document to be modified, each student submits their revision?
    Also does it have any grading / marking feature?
    Trying to work out how evolved the VLE functionality is.

Thank Post
    I wouldn't say it's a VLE at all. It really just pulls data from SIMS and displays it. That said, I haven't really got ours setup properly yet!

14. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

vikpaw (25th March 2013)

Thank Post
    As a side note, is there any useful guide anywhere about getting the reports into Insight?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    I know but we've identified the key elements of our VLE are a student and parent portal where homework can be set and collected.
    Any other features like marking etc would also be useful.
    We currently have moodle for more complex stuff

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast