+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Progresso...oh...! in Technical; Have been following Progresso's development quite closely. Were due to go live a couple of times, saw data in their ...

Thank Post

Progresso...oh...!

Have been following Progresso's development quite closely. Were due to go live a couple of times, saw data in their transition environment earlier in the year and we panicked it was so bad! We pulled the plug on our migration and it is currently TBC as far as we're concerned.

Had a call today from our Serco rep to tell us that they are not going to migrate any more schools over to Progresso (from Facility) this year because there have been so many problems. Talking to a colleague via SSAT and they've told me the same story and that they are considering dropping Serco completely and going to Aspen or Integris.

Can anyone else share good or bad stories of their Progresso migrations (or build up to failed ones), that could help us and others make a considered decision with all of the info please?

Thanks

Simon

2. 3 Thanks to s1monb:

GREED (17th September 2012), stevenlong1985 (18th September 2012), vikpaw (18th September 2012)

Thank Post

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by s1monb View Post
    Have been following Progresso's development quite closely. Were due to go live a couple of times, saw data in their transition environment earlier in the year and we panicked it was so bad! We pulled the plug on our migration and it is currently TBC as far as we're concerned.
    Had a call today from our Serco rep to tell us that they are not going to migrate any more schools over to Progresso (from Facility) this year because there have been so many problems.
    Same here. We have so many problems with e-portal that we were looking forward to an improvement with progresso, but now they have dropped the migration 3 times and we are looking into end of next year if SERCO ever get it right.
    We are now looking into alternatives.

Regards
    Wolfi

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We are still expecting [scheduled] to move over to Progresso mid October.

Do I take it from this:

...Had a call today from our Serco rep to tell us that they are not going to migrate any more schools over to Progresso (from Facility) this year because there have been so many problems...
    that we may not be moving over at that time?

I ask because we are currently deep into preparations for our move. We have not been told of any developments to the contrary. Also [for reasons too involved to detail here] the move has consequences for our network that I am currently making plans to whereby I can minimise those consequences.

Watching this thread with interest...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    We are still expecting [scheduled] to move over to Progresso mid October.

Do I take it from this:

that we may not be moving over at that time?

I ask because we are currently deep into preparations for our move. We have not been told of any developments to the contrary. Also [for reasons too involved to detail here] the move has consequences for our network that I am currently making plans to whereby I can minimise those consequences.

Watching this thread with interest...
    Hi Dave

From what I understand those who are in the process of their migration will have it completed, but don't quote me on that!

6. Thanks to s1monb from:

DaveP (17th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dave

From what I understand those who are in the process of their migration will have it completed, but don't quote me on that!
    OK. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This is very bad news for all schools involved with current or near future migrations from Facility.

Should anyone be interested in knowing more about Aspen MIS as a fully web based (and better ) alternative to Progresso, particularly given these problems, do just contact me.

Thank Post
    Information seems so sketchy around progresso and the organisation of schools migrating to it I doubt the picture is entirely clear from a serco employees perspective. We signed all the relevant forms and where looking at migrating next year but despite giving dates it just looks like names go in a hat. Communication is just utterly non existent you have to trade a vital organ to get an onside demo and we've still not been given access or permission to speak to any of the pioneer sites.

Thank Post
    We hardly getting any support from SERCO regarding our e-portal problems. They say they had to put all support to progresso.....I assume they are busy to sort their prison service out!
    I am quite sick of this ever demanding HW upgrading CMIS, long support phone queues and no fixes except upgrade your hardware.
    If I had to make a decision what SIS I would go for, it would not be Facility nor SIMS! Had them both!!
    Well, that's my personal opinion!
    Last edited by wensleydale; 17th September 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    This is very bad news for all schools involved with current or near future migrations from Facility.

Should anyone be interested in knowing more about Aspen MIS as a fully web based (and better ) alternative to Progresso, particularly given these problems, do just contact me.
    Hi Graham,
    can you PM me? I am very interested.
    Wolfi

Thank Post
    Hi Dave

Nope, we were in the process of switching over in the halfterm holidays (2 times delayed already). Got the dreaded phone call today, saying they will not transfer us to progresso until the problems are solved. We are expecting a date in late 2013!
    Last edited by wensleydale; 17th September 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Nope, we were in the process of switching over in the halfterm holidays (2 times delayed already). Got the dreaded phone call today, saying they will not transfer us to progresso until the problems are solved. We are expecting a date in late 2013!
    Oh dear, that's not good news at all!

It's very frustrating because I like Facility and it works well for us, but it's so old fashioned and you have to do so much in a manual way, where a modern MIS should be thinking for you, but this kind of service from Serco is so bad and so disappointing.

Thank Post

Ooh! Kick them while they're down...

15. 2 Thanks to Edu-IT:

GREED (18th September 2012), matt40k (19th September 2012)

Thank Post

When will the SIF agent a available for Aspen?

Thank Post
    Hmmm... we were supposed to begin our move in the next half term, I might call our rep and see if there is news? This could be bad as we are essentially nursemaiding our server and 3 installs of facility along at the moment.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was told this morning that we are now not moving over until April.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast