+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Progresso...oh...! in Technical; You should contact Graham direct, I am sure he would jump at the chance for his team to arrange a ...
    Thank Post
    You should contact Graham direct, I am sure he would jump at the chance for his team to arrange a demo for you.

I know we certainly would

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Looks like Advanced Learning have ditched the free migration path now as well, this combined with feedback such as above means i would really like to look at alternatives. Wanted to get a closer look at Aspen at BETT but it seemed unless you either looked important or booked an apointment you had no chance.
    @Tallwood_6 I assure you that was not the case... certainly on the days I was there! Closer to the real reason was we were so busy I and my colleagues couldn't get to see everyone, which was a real shame. We did have a booking system which was full and so ad-hoc chats became few and far between! Regardless, I am sorry we missed you, we would be happy to speak to you specifically, about Aspen. PM me and we can discuss further.

On a more general note, I gotta say I am surprised in some respects that AL are going to charge for upgrades... considering the 'bad press' Progresso has had in recent times...
    Last edited by GREED; 7th February 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCondon View Post
    You should contact Graham direct, I am sure he would jump at the chance for his team to arrange a demo for you.

I know we certainly would
    @JohnCondon were you at BETT, I did have a look round for you to say hi!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Advanced Learning have ditched the free migration path now as well, this combined with feedback such as above means i would really like to look at alternatives. .
    Really? That was still on the table when I spoke to them at BETT. A move like that would remove a significant incentive to risk going with that particular new an untested offer.

I note that SIMS.NET didn't really work quite as advertised for five years after its first demo at BETT... and only really hit it's stride after seven. MIS's take their time to mature...

I also note that the equivelant LoB systems in business are generally an order of magnitude more expensive, and yet often held in similar regard vis a vis performance and reliability.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psydii View Post
    Really? That was still on the table when I spoke to them at BETT. A move like that would remove a significant incentive to risk going with that particular new an untested offer.
    This is what i was told by our account manager at BETT, the 3 orginal migration packages have now been reduced to 2 and both incure some charge although I havent got any further details on pricing from them yet they seem to be implying the the previous "free" migration package proved insufficant. @GREED i will drop you a PM

H-Squared

Thank Post
    We have significant number of schools live with Progresso and others currently transitioning to the service either from Facility or other supplier products. In addition to the continued investment in Progresso, we intend to continue to invest in products and services for Facility and can share the product roadmap with you from April. Constructive feedback is always welcome and we are working very hard to improve the service delivered to all our customers. If you would like to discuss this further please contact your account manager or write to me via learning.marketing@advancedcomputersoftware.com

John Parkinson - Advanced Learning

Thank Post
    I have to say that the response to queries since advanced learning took over Facility/Progresso has improved 10 fold. I'm looking forward to what AL can do to sort out the lacklustre image that serco has left.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lc85 View Post
    We have significant number of schools live with Progresso and others currently transitioning to the service either from Facility or other supplier products. In addition to the continued investment in Progresso, we intend to continue to invest in products and services for Facility and can share the product roadmap with you from April. Constructive feedback is always welcome and we are working very hard to improve the service delivered to all our customers. If you would like to discuss this further please contact your account manager or write to me via learning.marketing@advancedcomputersoftware.com

That will be good news to your customers John. Good to hear. I had a good chat with one of your guys at BETT (while he was trying to steal all of our Aspen secrets... I know your game!!!), and I really do hope things pick up with the product.

Thank Post

Nice to see a new MIS representing face on here.
    Us providers are woefully outnumbered and get shamelesly picked on by these so called "users".
    Welcome to the boards John.

Should really have welcomed you back in December... better late than never.

Thank Post

Lets hope the next CMIS & Eportal release is a little less bug riddled than the last one then!
    Offering free migration and training for existing facility customers on a schedule that you might actually keep might go some way to turning around the current bad feeling, I certainly know that the only other Facility customer you have near us in Kent has also had enough and is looking elsewhere.

Thank Post
    Looks like Advanced Learning have ditched the free migration path now as well, this combined with feedback such as above means i would really like to look at alternatives. Wanted to get a closer look at Aspen at BETT but it seemed unless you either looked important or booked an apointment you had no chance.
    Eh? When we went the 5 of us just wandered in and got chatting. Perhaps you were just unlucky with it being busy? They couldn't have been nicer and friendly.

12. Thanks to Bananas from:

GREED (9th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    You could have just gone around and chatted to the lovely lady from marketing while waiting. Some random tech that was there for the day ended up on coffee making duty which was nice to wash the biscuits down with
    Last edited by vikpaw; 9th February 2013 at 02:48 PM.

14. Thanks to vikpaw from:

GREED (9th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
    Eh? When we went the 5 of us just wandered in and got chatting. Perhaps you were just unlucky with it being busy? They couldn't have been nicer and friendly.
    Thanks @Bananas Forgive my rudeness but who were you, did I meet you? Glad we gave you the fully hospitality package: business-class biscuits and freshly ground coffee!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    You could have just gun around and chatted to the lovely lady from marketing while waiting. Some random tech that was there for the day ended up on coffee making duty which was nice to wash the biscuits down with
    The lovely lady from marketing indeed, Kim is fantastic... and would the random tech on coffee duty be me by any chance? You have found out my true newly promoted position!!! lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    The lovely lady from marketing indeed, Kim is fantastic... and would the random tech on coffee duty be me by any chance? You have found out my true newly promoted position!!! lol
    No it actually was a tech, who was only there for the day to make sure all the kit was working. I thought it was odd when i got talking to him, as people were just firing drinks orders at him, and he didn't seem to mind. Clearly, it was a case of 1 cappucino for you, 2 shots espresso for me ...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast