+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Progresso...oh...! in Technical; Originally Posted by Edu-IT Ooh! Kick them while they're down... Not specifically James, I like the product and think it ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Ooh! Kick them while they're down...
    Not specifically James, I like the product and think it will be good when it is finished, however this does not excuse the way they appear to be treating customers for what we all know is the most important system in a school these days.

... Plus, this is a perk for paying the sponsorship!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Hi Graham,
    can you PM me? I am very interested.
    Wolfi
    I got your email, responded

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    When will the SIF agent a available for Aspen?
    It's on the list of things to finish tweaking Ian, although we are using Groupcall Xporter now for customers to extract data and interact with 3rd party applications (of which many do these days!)

Thank Post
    We went live in recent weeks. School has been on its knees since. Functionality of Progresso is full of bugs and errors, and we are seriously disappointed with both the product and the service.
    i could not recommend Progresso, there is a serious amount of work still to be done with this product.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colettej View Post
    We went live in recent weeks. School has been on its knees since. Functionality of Progresso is full of bugs and errors, and we are seriously disappointed with both the product and the service.
    i could not recommend Progresso, there is a serious amount of work still to be done with this product.

Is it useable? At the very least can you access the data, is it correct?

Thank Post
    Connectivity is poor, often very slow.
    seen no efficiency gains since facility.
    very few reports - extracting information is near impossible!

Not good!

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post

Serco's Response

I understand the frustration of those that are eager to get on and start benefiting from the advanced features of Progresso. The decision to delay transition of schools is not one that has been taken lightly and I would like to take this opportunity to explain why and what this means.

We have been running a Pioneer program with a number of early adopter schools to whom we are extremely grateful. During this Pioneer process we have identified a series of improvements to both product and process to make the adoption of Progresso for future schools run as smoothly as possible.

Key elements of this improvement program include:

• Product enhancements directly requested from live schools
    • Additional Training courses to provide increased knowledge to end users
    • Improvements to the data transfer mechanism to allow for modifications to models to take immediate advantage of the advanced functionality in Progresso

In order to deliver this program and gather continual feedback from customers we decided to focus on the schools that are currently live and to restart the transition of schools in a phased approach.

To any schools that have posted on here and are experiencing difficulties please DM me and I will arrange the appropriate support.

We have attempted to contact all schools and are now on the second phase of call backs which will be completed by the end of this week.

8. Thanks to PaulHarrington from:

vikpaw (20th September 2012)

Thank Post
    We went live in recent weeks. School has been on its knees since......
    Look on the bright side at least they have compensation on offer Coupons & Promotions

Thank Post
    @PaulHarrington

Do these delays also cover schools wanting to move to Progresso from another system - SIMS etc

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Connectivity is poor, often very slow.
    seen no efficiency gains since facility.
    very few reports - extracting information is near impossible!

Not good!
    I have tried sending a DM to you, perhaps as a brand new member with your first post to this forum you have not found this feature yet. Please let me know which school you are in so I can ensure we direct the right resources to support you.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ntm1275 View Post
    @PaulHarrington

Do these delays also cover schools wanting to move to Progresso from another system - SIMS etc
    The migration process for schools coming from another MIS system follows a different process. This includes building all assessment templates, behaviour management models and other configurations from scratch in the system. This has the benefit of starting from scratch without the need for legacy information.

In our experience the majority of migration complexity is related to the transfer of legacy data & configurations and this is one of our key areas of focus to enable Facility customers to take advantage of Progresso without losing any of the advanced configurations they have setup in Facility.

13. Thanks to PaulHarrington from:

ntm1275 (21st September 2012)

Thank Post
    Disappointed to read this thread. I had a meeting with a Progresso rep a few months ago - and then last week out of the blue I had another sales call. I asked how a neighbouring school was getting on so that I could visit and see it in action to be told they had not yet migrated. However, no mention of any issues with the product or migrations. Even had a follow up sales email. I don't think they should be actively recruiting new schools until at least some of the major problems are ironed out.

Thank Post
    Similar story for us. Due to go in May, then August, then November, now "possibly" January. We realised things weren't right when we were testing in the summer and it couldn't even produce a correctly formatted timetable. Now going back to drawing board. Whole experience has been so bad (awful training provision) that we don't feel we can trust it.

Thank Post
    @Mdh27:
    Welcome on board!

@paul Harrington:
    At least someone at SERCO has woken up and read this thread!

17. Thanks to wensleydale from:

PaulHarrington (25th September 2012)

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdh27 View Post
    Similar story for us. Due to go in May, then August, then November, now "possibly" January. We realised things weren't right when we were testing in the summer and it couldn't even produce a correctly formatted timetable. Now going back to drawing board. Whole experience has been so bad (awful training provision) that we don't feel we can trust it.
    As previously highlighted we delayed transition from Facility to enable us to focus on implementing the identified improvements to both product and process to make the adoption of Progresso for future schools run as smoothly as possible. This includes improvements to training.

For those schools that have experience of the transition process and have suggestions for improvement, please contact me directly so that I can discuss these with you. In the meantime, we are continuing to contact those schools affected to arrange the appropriate support.
    Last edited by PaulHarrington; 25th September 2012 at 09:55 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast