+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Two classes to one teacher in Technical; Hello all, sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but despite time spent searching and trawling I haven't found ...

Thank Post

Two classes to one teacher

Hello all,
    sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but despite time spent searching and trawling I haven't found a definitive answer yet. Is there a way of assigning a teacher to two classes at the same time?
    Background - we have two Post-16 Art Classes. One is Y12 Students. One is Y11 Students who have started AS Level early. For reporting reasons and others they sit in two separate class lists in SIMS but are in the same physical room with the same physical teacher.

This means the teacher can't currently register all students as they are only assigned to one class on the timetable. They also can't access the SIMS marksheet that contains half of the students as it doesn't have them assigned as the teacher.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
    Cameron

Thank Post
    To place two lessons on at the same time with the same class teacher requires a clash to be locked into the scheduling. This can be done either on the Block screen or the Band screen, in the screen shot below I have already scheduled 12D/Ar1 onto Tue1, now on the Year 11 Option A block drag the session onto the timetable screen:

t61.JPG

Tue1 is highlighted in green as there is currently one clash, in this case the art class, upon releaseing the cursor over Tue1 the following screen will appear:

t62.JPG

Tick the Lock/Clash column and click OK

The session on the build screen will now display in green denoting that the session is locked, removing the lock will remove the scheduling from the session.

t63.JPG

The staff members Timetable will now show both classes.

t64.JPG

3. 2 Thanks to paul:

strength_10 (17th September 2012), vikpaw (15th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Thank you very much for the detailed reply and pictures. I'll try this Monday (don't have remote access to Nova T6).
    Cameron

Thank Post
    Thankyou for this.
    I'm needing to have one teacher teach two classes in the same block (for assorted reasons!). I cannot get the solution above to work for this; it keeps unbuilding the block. Can anyone help with this?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread