+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Marksheets last year's data in Technical; Hi hoping someone will be able to help. We started using assessment manager last year and have set up marksheets. ...

Thank Post

Marksheets last year's data

Hi hoping someone will be able to help.

We started using assessment manager last year and have set up marksheets. I was under the impression, which may be wrong, that once the next year was started that marksheets created last year could be assigned to this year's groups and that the mark sheet would contain no data. Is there a tick box or something that will do this or have I misunderstood how the system works.

The second part is there a way around this?

Thanks kindly

Thank Post
    Yes they can but the result depends a lot on the implementation. Could you give an example of what the marksheets you created last year looked like and what they look like now with the new groups assigned? The situation I'm imagining is that the same aspects have been used in templates for different years without using result sets, meaning that the latest result for each student is pulled through into the new marksheets (i.e. results from the previous year). That's only a guess based on the way we do things though.

Thank Post
    Hi Andypitts Thanks for responding. Last year we set up for example a behaviour aspect called KS3 Behaviour which was used for Years 7 to 9 and a simular aspect for 10 and 11. Each aspect was then used within the marksheet within results sets Autumn, Spring, Summer.

I think what you are telling me is because the aspect is called KS3 behaviour that when the kids moved from year 7 to 8 the data entered in year 7 moves across to year 8. What I shoudl have set up was an aspect called Yr7 Behaviour, Yr 8 Behaviour etc. This would then produce a clean marksheet each year.

Thank Post
    That's one option. The way we do it is to add the year information to the result sets instead. So we have result sets for Year 1 Autumn, Year 1 Spring, Year 1 Summer, Year 2 Autumn, Year 2 Spring and so on. This lets you then use a single Aspect (in conjunction with the appropriate result set) to store marks for the same assessment item at the different stages in the student's school life.

Managing the Year/Term results in the result sets means that when you have to create a new Aspect, you only have to create one new Aspect.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    @andypitts has the right method.
    To fix your problem you'll need to copy the results over. Then you'll need to change the resultset in the old marksheet templates.
    Make the new resultsets and make a marksheet for each year group with the old and new aspect/resultset combo and copy the column of results over.

6. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Matfen (6th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Or you could use the built-in SIMS tools under Tools > Performance > Assessment > System Utilities > Results to detach a result set from a set of results, then attach them to a new result set. Copy and pasting as @vikpaw suggested is less worrying though as you can see what's happening (using the SIMS tools requires a fair amount of confidence and faith!). To be tidy, you would then go to the tools above and use the Delete a Selection of Results option to get rid of the duplicates.

8. Thanks to andypitts from:

Matfen (6th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I hate the tools, especially on delete. Unless it's for a very finely tuned down set of results, that i can count, and easily filter to having been entered on known marksheets. I don't trust it that much

Thank Post
    Sounds very familiar! And of course the tools are the only way to delete results!

Thank Post
    Big thanks for the advice, I will give this a go this evening once I get a chance. Changing the Result Sets seems to be the way to go.

Cheers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread