I have not managed to get the script to work in ML. So in the interim,
Originally Posted by USCJustinS
1. I created a admin user called "profile" set everything up in that account the way I want...
2. I ran onyx to clear all the recent items and other cruft that accumulates during this process
3.Then I login to root user (I have had troubles doing this under a normal admin account), enable hidden folders by entering the following command in the terminal:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES; killall -HUP Finder (the users library folder is hidden)
4. Go to the Root Level of HD-> Users/profile (or whatever you called the default template user) and open the users library folder.
5. From the library folder, copy the Preferences folder and the Safari folder (if you configured Safari Bookmarks etc).
6. Browse to System-> Library -> User Template and option+drag the english.lproj folder to the desktop or another backup location. Call the something like english.lproj_orig, (incase you need to start again)
7. Paste the folders copied over from the default user in step 5 into the english.lproj folder in the user template folder.
8. Run Repair disk permissions in disk utility to clear up any "ownership issues"
Your new users should now be based on this template, but its good to test before deployment just incase, sometimes this doesnt work for some reason.
Sorry if this seems like a bit of a long winded process but its the only one I have got to work on a consistent basis...
Hope this helps :)