0SX 10.6.3 Released
OSX 10.6.3 was released last night for those of you who dont already know !
These are some of the fixes:
* Improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
* Address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
* Address an issue that causes background message colours to display incorrectly in Mail
* Resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
* Resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
* Improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
* Improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
* Address a colour issue in iMovie with HD content
* Improve printing reliability
* Resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
* Improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
* Fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera
If you take a look at the following link it will go into alot more detail:
About the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update
Hopefully this may resolve some of the AD/OD issues some of us have been having :)
The link for anyone who doesn't want to download via the software update app
Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update
Good results so far, My Imacs are binding to AD as soon as the machine has booted normally I would have to wait a few seconds (which is far too long if you are a teacher....lol) ;)
Great, the week after we put our 10.6.2 machines out! Something else to do over easter I guess..
Set up software update on the server if you have one. Wait a few days for it to mirror the updates. Then configure the admin account to bypass the proxy server for your apple server's address (you may not need to do this bit).
Originally Posted by sidewinder
Then using ARD, click on the unix terminal icon.
Then use the attachment to find the path to the required command. You can just use 'list updates' using the admin for the user instead of root if you wish.
But of course you may already know all of this.