Profile Manager (Mountain Lion)
First thing to say I now hate macs :)
Ok I have reinstalled our xserve to 10.8 from 10.6 (Not an Upgrade)
Things I have done
- Installed Server Manager
- Configured the server (Out of the following choices, 'Local Network' 'Local Network and using VPN' 'Domain Name' I choose, 'Domain Name') - Don't know weather the above option affects my problem.
- my host name/computername of the server is osxserver.theockendonacademy.com I have not setup any external DNS, or opened any ports, or assigned an external IP address to this server.
- Installed a trused ssl cert
- Created a new open directory
- Static IP Address
- Turned off DNS, add added two forwarders to our two 2012 Windows Servers. Which as a static DNS arecord of the mac server. Also added a reverse lookup zone as I heard you need that. Say for example the IP address of this server is 96.123.12.01. I typed this in for the zone 12.123.96.inaddr.arp. Is that right? And then made ptr record pointing the ipaddress of the server and the hostname.
- Bind the server to AD
- Setup profile manager
- Turned on the webserver
- Install logmein for remote access, so I don't need to stay in the server room.
Right now the actual problem
Any setting i apply after the everyone profile in installed, it doesn't push the update.
I can choose settings on the profile manager, install the everyone profile and it gets alll the correct settings, it just the settings after, it doesnt update.
Thats just the everyone profile. If I customize for example and active directory, nothing happens, its stuck in the queue
Is it because the mac doesn't have an external IP address with a external DNS name?