Creating Login Hook for new EXA internet connection
We've just changed ISP from EMBC (nightmare) to EXA. EXA's proxy uses the user's network login details to authenticate who they are and what level of access they have to the internet. Now, since the macs don't use the same type of authentication, they need to have a login hook which sends the user's Windows login details to the EXA proxy when they logon. I've followed the instructions provided by EXA to create a login hook (pasted below), but they don't seem to write anything to the com.apple file it's supposed to.
Any input would be great if any one else has switched to them!
Also, does anyone know what URL the App Store connects to? It's also being blocked by EXA and I can't download our update to ML.
Running sendLogon automatically on Mac OSX
You need to take the following steps:
1) Download the Send Logon program from http://www.bloxx.com/downloads/sendLogon_osx_10.4.universal.tar.gz to the desktop.
2) Browse to ‘Applications->Utilities’ and run the ‘Terminal’ application.
3) Type ‘cd ~/Desktop’.
4) Type 'tar zxvf sendLogon_osx_10.4.universal.tar.gz'.
5) Type ‘sudo cp sendLogon /usr/bin’ and enter your password when prompted.
6) Type ‘sudo nano /usr/bin/login.sh’.
7) Enter the following lines:
/usr/bin/sendLogon <IP address of server> 3898 $1
8) When finished, press ctrl-o followed by return, to save the file.
9) Press ctrl-x to exit.
10) Run the following commands to set the correct permissions on the utility and login script:
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/login.sh
sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/sendLogon
11) Run the following command:
sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook /usr/bin/login.sh
The sendLogon utility should now run for every user that logs on.