+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, OSX server ,AD & kerberos in Technical; I have been following Mike Bombich's bible on AD an OSX and seem to have succeeded to a point (along ...
    Thank Post

OSX server ,AD & kerberos

I have been following Mike Bombich's bible on AD an OSX and seem to have succeeded to a point (along with help from Ross2k5)

The clients are connected via AD plugin and Ldap3 fo AD and OD integration.

Unfortunatly I cannot get them to Automount any drives I assign using the osx server or take any preferences.

ot times for the mac's has increased, seems to be a lot going on before it gets to the login window (sometimes stalls)

I have checked for any kerberos tickets on the mac client and there arn't any, so I have been trying to follow this article. It refers to a AppleScript file to change the /etc/authorization file as per Apple.

I am about to make the change on 1 of the mac's to see if it works, but didn't really fancy manually editing the file on the mac's if I could get the script.

Also if you have read this and are thinking "he doesn't need to do that" then please stop me lol.

Am flying a little blind here guys and gals, its turning into a very steep learning curve.

Thank Post

Re: OSX server ,AD & kerberos

Little update - killed mac by editing /etc/authorize file so out it back.

Looked a little deeper and it seems its not a kerberos problem I have its an ladap3 issue - the clients wont connect.

Still trying

Thank Post

I've just had a bizarre experience with a Mac OS X and AD. Similar setup that you are having problems with. It worked fine at first but over the first week the Macs started to not pick up their settings. Eventually they all stopped. I rebuilt things and still couldn't get it working. Eventually someone suggested that it might be a problem with the network. I plugged the Apple server into a different unmanaged switch and suddenly everything started working again. I've not had a chance to see what the original managed switch was doing, I'm just glad that I got it working before I pulled the rest of my hair out!

So my advice is, before rebuilding everything, try plugging your server into a different switch!

Thank Post

I read that the 'update cache' setting for computers in WGM can have adverse effects if set too low. Maybe this may be the case. I have set mine too low i think (every 24hrs /1 day) and have random machines not pick up their MCX settings.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread