+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Apple Seeds Golden Master of OS X Mountain Lion to Developers in Technical; Eager to give the new GM a good test drive, downloading & hope to be testing momentarily Apple released the ...
    Thank Post

Apple Seeds Golden Master of OS X Mountain Lion to Developers

Eager to give the new GM a good test drive, downloading & hope to be testing momentarily

Apple released the Golden Master (GM) version of OS X Mountain Lion to developers today. The "golden master" designation indicates that this version of the software is intended to be the final version released to the public, barring any last-minute issues. The Build is 12A269.Apple first previewed Mountain Lion in February, highlighting many features already present in iOS, including Messages, Reminders, Notes, Notification Center, Game Center and more at that time. At WWDC, Apple announced additional features, including Dictation, iCloud Tabs, and 'Power Nap'.

Mountain Lion will be priced at $19.99 and released to the Mac App Store in July.

http://www.apple.com/osx/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carter; 9th July 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thank Post
    I am looking forward to the release. Looking forward to air mirroring of my Macbook Air and notification centre looks cool!

Thank Post
    I was just saying in the office today that I hope they release the GM soon so I can throw it on my main laptop. I've probably blow it away and imaged it easily 20 plus times over the past couple months lol

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Does anyone know what's happened to WebMail in the GM release of Mountain Lion Server? It used to be Roundcube, but I can't find it anywhere?!

Thank Post
    What do you mean what happen to webmail?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    What do you mean what happen to webmail?
    In Server.app there is supposed to be an Enable Webmail option according to the Apple documentation: http://help.apple.com/advancedserver...C-EDA5B997D4BC

I don't have that option, and other's have also mentioned this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Eager to give the new GM a good test drive, downloading & hope to be testing momentarily

Apple released the Golden Master (GM) version of OS X Mountain Lion to developers today. The "golden master" designation indicates that this version of the software is intended to be the final version released to the public, barring any last-minute issues. The Build is 12A269.Apple first previewed Mountain Lion in February, highlighting many features already present in iOS, including Messages, Reminders, Notes, Notification Center, Game Center and more at that time. At WWDC, Apple announced additional features, including Dictation, iCloud Tabs, and 'Power Nap'.

Mountain Lion will be priced at $19.99 and released to the Mac App Store in July.

Apple - OSX Mountain Lion - Move your Mac even further ahead.

Here's the link to the UK site: Apple (United Kingdom) - OS X Mountain Lion

We'll be charged £13.99 - So an extra £1.27 based on today's exchange rate. I guess it's not too bad considering that Apple charge us UK folk well over the odds for the iPad and iPhone compared to prices in the US.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartross View Post
    Thanks Zoom.
    I need your idea about the iCloud of OS X. Is Apple going enhance the feature with Mountain Lion?
    Secondly, How does it differ from Google Drive ?

Thanks in advance.
    To be honest, all the iCloud features are things around already, with photostream, syncing of notes, etc ... it is just that there will be some specific applications in ML to handle them (eg Notes). It is more a case of some of the things we are used to in iOS being more prevalent in ML (docs to iCloud, etc)

Thank Post
    I'm a complete mac n00b, but it hardly looks any different to SL to me! I jumped from SL to ML, so I dont know about Lion, but ML requires the AppStore to download updates to core services rather than AppleUpdate.

Thank Post
    From SL to ML there will be a big difference though from Lion to ML you would have to know what's changed such as the notifications center, how updates are handled etc.

It's a lot to list off here but if you have SL I would wait for a few days then pickup ML over Lion.

In education we will run Lion for the 2012-2013 year as we have to have our labs imaged by mid August and running with a new out of the gate OS is not a smart move though that said I think for home users you should jump on ML for sure.

I've installed the GM on both my home iMac and laptop and have not run into any issues as of yet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread