+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Sibelius 7 deployment? in Technical; I've done a chmod -777 on \Applications\Sibelius 7.app and also \Library\Application Support\Avid and subfolders. Same errors. No error showing in ...
    Thank Post
    I've done a chmod -777 on \Applications\Sibelius 7.app and also \Library\Application Support\Avid and subfolders. Same errors. No error showing in the console (well there are a few messages but exactly the same ones that appear for the working user)

Looks like 7.1.2 doesn't image well - has anyone actual done an image of 7.1.2 or is it slightly earlier versions?

Its going to be quicker to reinstall the lot and start again. Sick to death of crappy software at the moment!

Thank Post
    To sift through errors in the console, I just click on all messages and then search using the user name that was logged in. I haven't used Sibelius so not sure how it works. If the software is running but has problems, then it would be up to the app to log to the console I think. If the app won't even run then it should be the system to log any problems. But then I'm just telling you what you already know and being no help.. Sorry.

Thank Post
    No problem , any comments and ideas help!

The log (when I filter) shows the same odd messages (not errors its seems) for working and non working users. So if its permissions its well hidden! I guess the imaging has screwed it up so its a manual install again.

Thank Post
    Can the manual install not be done through ARD if they are .pkg files? I would send it out to 1 client, check with another user to test that all is well and then deploy to the rest. I usually always send out my files via ARD. If the app is part of the image, what about separating it form the image and installed afterwards using Deploy Studios built-in post install option? May resolve the issue with the imaging not playing nicely.

Thank Post
    I don't have ARD at the minute - we've only got 10 of these so I thought an image would be the best idea. Especially as we were adding Office and other packages (all of which are working OK)

Sibelius is a horrible bit of software and Avid the worst support ever - so its up to me on this one!

Thank Post
    It might well be that Sibelius does not like network home folders? I have only set it up at a few schools in the past and I'm sure they have always had local home folders because there are quite a few music software that don't support network homes.

Go to the AD plugin on one mac and tick "force local home directory on startup disk" in the AD plugin advanced preferences section of Directory Utility. Then try an AD account again.

Thank Post
    Sorted it - sort of! After the imaging is complete, log back in as the local admin account and install Sibelius again (just the application) and then it works for everyone. Even the extra content. So at least its a slightly quicker fix!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12