+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Active directory users displayed as 'not found' in Open Directory Workgroup Manager.. in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Active directory users displayed as 'not found' in Open Directory Workgroup Manager..

Iím running a golden triangle setup with Open directory assigning group policy and authentication provide by active directory. In workgroup manager I can search through the AD and add users or computers to groups in OD workgroup manager. However when I save and refresh the users or computer appear as Ďnot foundí. Is there a reason for this?

Thank Post
    still having this issue any help please???

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytechy83 View Post
    I’m running a golden triangle setup with Open directory assigning group policy and authentication provide by active directory. In workgroup manager I can search through the AD and add users or computers to groups in OD workgroup manager. However when I save and refresh the users or computer appear as ‘not found’. Is there a reason for this?
    Hi,

Are you getting any error messages when saving? What is it you would like to do by adding computers and/or users into OD? Are they Mac or Windows computers that you are trying to add?

Thank Post
    Hi Sam

thanks for your reply
    I'm just trying to add mac's. I'm trying to authenticate the mac's on our network with AD then set policy via work-group manager in OD. I'm having no errors when browsing, adding or saving macs from ad to work group manager. Soon as I hit refresh and OD attempts to re find and reconnect with said mac's it will come back with 'not found' for above half of the mac's.

thanks

Jay

Thank Post
    Hi Jay

OK, the way I've added Macs into OD is (and I maybe wrong but it works with ours). Join the Mac to AD, then on the Mac you want to join find the UUID + MAC address and go into WGM and add a new computer, give it an appropriate name, enter the UUID and MAC address, and save it. Go back the mac and bind it to your mac server. You can now apply policies in WGM as you like.

One caveat with this is that I've found, is if for instance I call a mac "Mac01" when joining to AD, in WGM I'll need to call it "Mac001" because of it having same name as an AD machine. There maybe a better solution and our setup isn't perfect but it's working and we can apply policies as needed, and SSO is provided by AD. It could be a "trust" issue between AD and OD, though I'm not sure on that one.

Sam

Edit: You can find the UUID, by clicking on the apple menu, selecting "about this mac" and clicking on "more info...".
    Last edited by kernewek-sam; 8th June 2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: additional info

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread