+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Adding Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2 to CC3 in Technical; Is it possible to add a Max OSX Lion 10.7.3 client pc to RM CC3? I have followed the following ...

Thank Post

Angry Adding Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2 to CC3

Is it possible to add a Max OSX Lion 10.7.3 client pc to RM CC3?

I have followed the following document (Apple OSX 10.4 & CC3 Shared Resources Configuration):

The document tells me I must extract some files and then run them on the OSX client system, however it tells me that
    "You can't open the application cc3 connection because POwerPC applications are no longer supported."

I am guessing the only way for me to resolve this is to downgrade the OSX Client system to 10.4?

Any help would be great.
    Last edited by talksr; 7th February 2012 at 11:25 AM.

Thank Post
    Snow Leopard still uses Rosetta for PowerPC applications. If you could install 10.6.8 on one of them it should be able to run. I've never used an RM network though so can't help with any of their stuff. Sorry.

3. Thanks to HodgeHi from:

talksr (7th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Hi, thanks for your help. I have never downgraded before, is it difficult to do?
    I am assuming I will need a older installer disk for OSX

Thank Post
    It really depends on the machines you have and whether they can be downgraded. Some of the older Macs cannot be downgraded as the older OS did not have the drivers. It just depends if the older version supports the hardware. Either way you will need the 10.6 disc to do so, unless you have an old 10.6 deploy studio image which you can roll out to test the client.

6. Thanks to HodgeHi from:

talksr (7th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,614 Times in 1,925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talksr View Post
    I am guessing the only way for me to resolve this is to downgrade the OSX Client system to 10.4?
    Downgrading the entire operating system is a bit drastic!!!

All the CC3 app does is run an AppleScript which mounts the students home directory once they have entered the correct username and password. You can view the script by right-clicking on the CC3 Connection app, choosing "Show Package Contents" and navigating to Contents Resources Scripts CC3 Connection.scpt.

I'll see if I can find an alternative script which does the same thing and works on Lion.

Thank Post
    Hi

Just a thought but why don't you dispense with the RM Login script?

If I've understood you correctly and if it's the same Login script that RM have used since CC2 you probably won't need it? Simply bind the client workstation to Active Directory. User's home folders will map correctly provided you're using the UNC path option to define its location.

Just because it's RM it does not mean AD is not there somewhere. Granted it's buried below a mess of contradicting scripts but it's still there nevertheless.

Apart from the latest Mac Air and MacMinis you can 'downgrade' iMac 21.5" and 27" models to 10.6.8 as Mark has already pointed out. Your only problem is there is no Universal installer for 10.6 beyond 10.6.3 which won't install on those model iMacs. You must start with 10.6.8 as a minimum.

HTH?

Antonio Rocco (ACSA)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread