Now available through Software Update, or via the links below.
Download LinksApple has released Mac OS X 10.7.3 to the public, the third minor update to OS X Lion. The update includes bug fixes including a Wi-Fi stability update, and also fixes a handful of other issues that have affected OS X 10.7. The update also includes support for several new languages, and updates Safari to 5.1.3. (Source)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Server)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Server Combo)
The 10.7.3 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
- Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras
- Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in ".local"
- Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
- Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
- Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the "apple-user-homeDirectory" and "apple-user-homeurl" attributes
- Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
- Allow NIS users with MD5-hashed passwords to log in
nettechth (2nd February 2012)
Thanks for the post Arthur.
Been driving me nuts that I cannot bind my iMac OS X 10.7.2 to AD. Will give this a go and see if it has improved!
I've found 10.7.2 pretty good with AD, but more updates are welcome! I just hope my 10.6 SUS picks this up and dishes it out okay, but odd not using MCX.
I have just updated my Mac server to 10.7.3 and I can't login to server or server admin applications. Be very careful. It appears our server is still running just can't get into the tools. So far only WGM is working.
Have you got the latest server admin tools as well? Sometimes the older ones won't work.
Yeah, I ran software update again after the server updated, so it supposedly pulled down 10.7.3 server tools but with no change. I am now applying 10.7.3 to one of our class room iMacs and can give feedback on how that machine goes.
I've just started a rebuild on our Mac Mini Server as I made a few too many messy changes on it trying to get 'domain.local' working properly. So, hopefully 10.7.3 addresses the 'domain.local' issues.
Trouble is, downloading from Lion Recovery is excruciatingly slow! It's reporting 13 hours and 51 minutes remaining for download! :|
(Is there anyway to speed this up?)
Acceleration due to gravity? Top floor is best, higher vmax. My server is staying on 10.6.8 for as long as possible, I've decided
Our server came as 10.7 and was installed by ATcomputers working on behalf of RM. The server has never been an issue only the clients. The alternative I had was to download the installer from app store onto a machine and then copy over to server. also i think apple have a little utility to make a recovery media available online somewhere.
Make sure you have a backup before upgrading your Lion Server(s) to 10.7.3...
Mac OS X 10.7.3 update causing severe app crashes for some users
Yesterday afternoon, Apple rolled out a point upgrade to OS X Lion and we recommended you back up before installing, just in case. Turns out the paranoid voice in our head was on to something — users on Apple's support forums (as well as commenters in our original post) are reporting severe problems after updating to 10.7.3. For those unfortunate souls having issues, every single app crashes upon opening with a bizarre CUI error. This problem typically manifests itself for those who updated using the Software Update tool; users who manually downloaded Apple's Combo Update are having better luck. If your computer is affected and you're able to download and install the Combo Update on your affected Mac, there's a chance of getting the machine running normally again.
Otherwise, you're probably stuck restoring your Mac to 10.7.2 (if you have backups available) or doing a full reinstall of Lion, While some brave users have reported successfully installing 10.7.3 with the Combo Update after restoring their broken Macs, we'd advise you to just avoid this update until Apple sorts things out — with the lack of user-facing features, there's no need to rush into it. (Source)
Oh how I wish I had read that this morning, our server is still functioning just I can't manage it, so hope that in the near future apple get a 10.7.3.1 to sort it out
Last edited by Arthur; 2nd February 2012 at 07:07 PM.
just started the download 1.4gb might take a bit
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)