+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, iweb, application not responding in Technical; Hi all, Having a strange issue at my place. iweb had been working since the beginning, however i reimaged them ...

Thank Post

iweb, application not responding

Hi all,

Having a strange issue at my place. iweb had been working since the beginning, however i reimaged them a while ago but put the same versions of all software back on, the only reason i reimaged was as part of housekeeping. So anyway basically iweb wasnt working properly....

What happens is a user loads the software and sometimes it works as normal. other time upon trying to get past the first screen where a getting start video is supposed to run(it doesnt) and you can pick a template the colour wheel comes on and you have to force quit, even though you force quit the program still stays open in the background but is not clickable etc, and then you can go ahead and launch iweb again. reopening iweb does now sometimes work, but other times will just crash again.

the users store their home directory on the actual mac but login using ad credentials. therefore i have tried deleting their home directory on the mac and allowing them to logon again, and open iweb. this again sometimes works and other times doesnt work.

what does always seem to work is when i log on locally to the mac using the administrator account. ive never been able to get iweb to crash as of yet.

ive also tried building a new image again to no avail.... attached is the error log iweb generates mac.txt

any help would be great!

Thank Post
    Just a thought, but try removing it from one machine, and then reinstall, atleast then you'll know if its a problem just with that iweb installed on your image, or if the new installed on keeps crashing, maybe something else on your system causing it?

Thank Post
    thanks ste, but ive tried that, ive also now got the very latest version of iweb with a slightly newer version of iweb.

Thank Post
    No problem, just out of interest, what version of OSX you running, and i believe the latest version of iweb is 3?

Thank Post
    were running 10.6.8 and iweb 3.0.4

Thank Post
    thats exactly what were running here, i suppose the only thing i can think of its to list everything you changed for the new image, and maybe reimage with the image that worked, and make those changes 1 by 1 and test after every change to see where the issue may lie, it would be tempting, if no major changes were made, to go back to the old image, just to get you back up and running again

Thank Post
    sadly that old image has gone now! what i am doing is installing a clean osx from dvd, ill literally install ilife, join it to ad/od and then test, and then like u say add one app at a time. major pain in the bum! ak.

Thank Post
    Yeah I've had something like that before with an application, its not fun, thats why i always keep images from everything now lol.

Are they standalone or networked, because the problem we had, was a setting stopping this particular software from running.

Thank Post
    they are joined to ad and od using the "magic" triangle.....we dont block any applications using wgm though.....

it is weird though as local admin account seems to work fine, every time!

Thank Post
    Just a quick test, do the users who it works for always on all the machines, and the ones it doesn't work, always doesn't work on all the machines, because it may be some permissions problem with their profiles

Thank Post
    the only user it works for all the time is the local administrator

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread