+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Imaging Boot Camp in Technical; We typically receive personal MAC computers and would use Boot Camp Assistant to partition and then install Windows 7 on ...

Thank Post

Imaging Boot Camp

We typically receive personal MAC computers and would use Boot Camp Assistant to partition and then install Windows 7 on it. A lengthy process with installing Office and doing updates. Currently we are syspreping the image so the process is smaller
    Before Lion, during Snow Leopard we used WinClone to restore win7 image to a partition.
    Currently is there a tool like Winclone that would allow me to restore win7 partition to the mac, not the whole mac as the mac side would contain user data?

Is deploy studio capable of restoring a windows 7 image once a parition has been created, and these partition can vary as certain user want different sizes for their windows 7?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Thank Post
    I use deploy studio to image may Imac's. I boot into the network option and manually set the disk partitions and then run the routine to deploy both Win 7 and OSX installs.

Thank Post
    Providing you have a mac server you can use Deploystudio to image both mac and bootcamp partitions. There's even a way to set up a workflow so it images/restores both in one hit, but i'm yet to get round to that!

Thank Post
    I just need to image the bootcamp partition, the mac os side has personal data.

Thank Post
    Deploystudio won't touch the mac side unless you tell it to as it's two separate partitions entirely - which Deploystudio will treat as two separate HDDs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosh View Post
    I just need to image the bootcamp partition, the mac os side has personal data.

Once you have setup deploy studio, you will be able to simply netboot the users mac, choose your workflow, and it will partition and then restore the image, so once setup, youll never have to actually use bootcamp again.

This is how i have it setup here, and it works pretty well, your looking at about 20mins to restore a windows 7 image, depending on how big you make if of course.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosh View Post
    We typically receive personal MAC computers and would use Boot Camp Assistant to partition and then install Windows 7 on it. A lengthy process with installing Office and doing updates. Currently we are syspreping the image so the process is smaller
    Before Lion, during Snow Leopard we used WinClone to restore win7 image to a partition.
    Currently is there a tool like Winclone that would allow me to restore win7 partition to the mac, not the whole mac as the mac side would contain user data?

Is deploy studio capable of restoring a windows 7 image once a parition has been created, and these partition can vary as certain user want different sizes for their windows 7?

Thanks in advance for any advice

WinClone will allow you to copy an image to a blank bootcamp drive, I use bootcamp for all my windows images on the MACs atm,

Thank Post
    I agree with the DeployStudioers, setting up a different workflow; in your case restore to the Windows Partition, is a breeze

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread