+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Unable to delete computers from Workgroup Manager in Technical; As title, I am having some issues with deleting computer records from Workgroup Manager. While authenticated as a directory administrator, ...

Thank Post

Unable to delete computers from Workgroup Manager

As title, I am having some issues with deleting computer records from Workgroup Manager.

While authenticated as a directory administrator, I select a record and delete it. If I then close and re-open WGM, the records have re-appeared. They sometimes even re-appear when moving between the different category tabs (Users, Groups and so on).

I have also tried deleting the computer records from the All Record Types tab, when enabling “Show ‘All Records’ tab and inspector” in WGM preferences. This results in the same behaviour when attempting to delete the records as above.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions with this issue.

Thank Post
    Are these machines in any Computer lists or pointing at the OD Master. Maybe they are rejoining themselves as they are still in a Computer list and therefore being managed. I'm not sure. It may be a case that they are bound to the OD Master but usually deleting them from the Records just stops them using any preferences or logging in users. Are you going to the All records tab and selecting computers from the list?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    Are these machines in any Computer lists or pointing at the OD Master. Maybe they are rejoining themselves as they are still in a Computer list and therefore being managed. I'm not sure. It may be a case that they are bound to the OD Master but usually deleting them from the Records just stops them using any preferences or logging in users. Are you going to the All records tab and selecting computers from the list?
    Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, the computers in question are currently not in any Computer lists. I am trying to delete them from the OD Master using a domain admin account. When attempting to delete them from the All Records tab, I am doing so from the Computers list.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread